Ratings for Dr. Erik Paterson

Dr. Erik Paterson has contributed valuable information which will lead hopefully lead to changes in Legislation. Why? Right now doctors who diagnose people with serious mental illnesses and treat these patients with drug therapy legally are allowed to destroy there medical records after a certain retention period. Legally that is a loophole protecting doctors from a misdiagnosis. By proving that medical documents can be falsified as well as mental health documents to cover up a misdiagnosis, Erik Paterson has directly proven that Legislation must be changed in order to protect patients. Eventually any doctor who participates in the regimented drug therapy treatment for mental illnesses will have to have their medical notes held forever by Legislation. For reasons that protect people from inept GP's that are quick to diagnose without looking into organic problems that simulate mental illnesses such as hyper thyroid conditions, for instance. When this happens falsifying documents

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

I found him very attentive to his own egotistical self and his achievements.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr Patterson is doing a locum for Dr Ruffo in South Surrey. This man is totally inappropriate! He made a rude comment to me about how the clinic would not make money off of me. He then took a personal phone call from someone during my examination. He stood in the open doorway of the room and discussed his pending colonoscopy.....for 10 minutes. When he re-focused his attention on me it took him another 5 minutes to tell me his "back story". When discussing a prescription he contradicted what Dr Ruffo had told me three months earlier

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Diagnosis was completely wrong. Pharmacist was sceptical and suggested I get another opinion, luckily I did and was referred by Children's Hosp. Emerg. to the dermatology clinic where my daughter was correctly diagnosed. If I had followed his advice my daughter would have been in agony for days.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

This doctor is locum-ing in the lower mainland. I guess he came out of retirement, but I'm not sure that was a good idea. His prescriptions are antiquated and the doses all had to be checked by the pharmacists because no one even used those meds or regimens anymore. He spends more time talking about how he's from Creston and the history of meds instead of getting to the problem. Don't care! No wonder he was so late! He spent 20 minutes talking about the history of penicillins. When the pharmacist called him about the dosing of my antibiotic, he cut her off quoting some ancient study. He really needs to get up to date. The pharmacist questioned it right away. I'm a nurse and even I haven't seen this dose for a bladder infection before - ever! Seems like he just needs to retire.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

This is a man with a great sense of humor (dry) an abundance of Knowledge. He has been understanding, compassionate and a blessing to our family in many ways. He is very proud of his work and so he should be!!! He has helped my son through orthomolecular medicine as he has helped many others. He considers the whole person not the symptom. I disagree with the comment that he does not encourage exercise as he recomended my son to be active to combat the weight gain due to meds he was on. His retirement will leave a void in this community and yet I believe he still is trying to fill that void by keeping his clinic open in some way.... Thank you Dr. Erik Paterson from a family who with out orthomolecular medicine could see little hope for the future of their son.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

Dr. Paterson is retiring in January 2011 after 40 years of service to the Creston Community. He will be missed dearly by those who have come to know he is a caring and knowledgeable Doctor. His staff care about his patients and it shows.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

One of the best doctors I have ever seen, found what others had missed for years. Sorry I left Creston and this great Doctor, Also liked his alternative ways...A++++

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

One thing everyone in Creston knows...if you have fibromyalgia, he's your guy. Very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, he's also your guy if you want a disability or wcb letter...whether you need one or not, you'll be able to convince him you do, which makes me think he's well-meaning but rather easily snowed.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2009

doesn't agree or encourage regular exercise for his patients....

flag | Submitted June 1, 2007