Ratings for Dr. Mike Scully

very willing to go along with any requests or suggestions I make. has helped me in many ways over many years.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

This post in not about shaming or vilifying someone. The intent of this is to inform the public. I have been rather private about my health the last six months, other than the odd remark about being sick. Over this period of time my health has declined to such a state that it will take a lengthy time to recover due to complications that could have been easily addressed. I equate a lot of my current state of acute symptoms due to the inaction and negligence of Dr. Mike Scully of the Medical Associates in Rossland, BC. Six months ago he immediately discarded my two queries as to what it could be - one tends to know their body at the age of 50. I had to request every diagnostic along the way. Two of them I had to request numerous times until he relented. The CT demonstrated exactly what my initial instinct told me. I am now awaiting a second procedure. My husband and I had to book with a private clinic ($$) in the lower mainland as Dr. Scully dragged it on and the end was not in sight for JUST the consult at TRH. This was compounded with statements such as; …” I will not eliminate that is could be_______ (insert very serious illness there) but if you were a 74 year old man presenting in the same manner, you would get in to see the surgeon in Trail much sooner…” and, …”if something such as ________(insert very serious illness there) was presenting as aggressively as this is, a few weeks won’t make a difference…” I ultimately had to return to my old GP in New Westminster - the 7 hour drive is worth someone of competence - who agreed with my sense of what could be wrong before the first procedure confirmed it. He agreed that indeed, this was a possibility. He did not dismiss me. He ordered a round of tests that Dr. Scully had not bothered to. I unfortunately had not requested these tests from Dr. Scully as I was not aware they existed for the symptoms I was displaying. Again, said tests confirmed a lot. And would have circumvented a large part of the acute manifestation of symptoms I am experiencing today. There is a lot more to this, but I think I provided enough information for you, any patient, past or present that has had any form of inappropriate statements, negligence or insensitivity during care with Dr. Mike Scully to please file a formal complaint with the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons. It’s easy to do. It’s effective. Your complaint will not be ignored. He will be investigated. My voice is one. I know there are more patients out there that have experienced a negative experience with him. I know it. I’ve heard it from others. PLEASE file a complaint. Support the cause. Thank you to all for your continued support. You know who you are. I have heaps of gratitude and love. I have no need for anonymity - Lisa Wegner

Submitted September 5, 2015

severely lacking personable skills ! Not the easiest to deal with over your medical issues and bares very little understanding. The staff and receptionists are very good although.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr Scully has been our family doctor since we moved here 8 years ago. He has helped our family through some difficult medical situations with knowledge and a caring, compassionate demeanor. We are lucky to have him in our corner.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Poor knowledge and uncaring attitude was very disappointing.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

I've being going to this doctor since he came to Rossland and have no complaints what so ever! I find him him courteous, competent and efficient.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2011

My daughter went to emergency one night with a strep throat, and Dr. Scully happened to be working that night. She said he didn't treat her very good at all, was rude, and not helpful in the least.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Dr. Scully is a very good physician with an excellent sense of humour and a big heart. During my recovery from a heart attack he provided me with care I have come to expect from him. He is polite, proficient and professional.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

I guess it depends on the day you see your doctor. I have always been happy with the way I am treated by him when I go for my appointments. The whole time I have been with this doctor he has remembered me and my family......except for my last appointment. It was like he didn't remember me, let along my extensive health problems. Had to refer to my chart the whole time(really unlike him). I guess it just goes to show......we all have bad days.....It's only human!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

Always willing to listen. Never judgemental. Always willing to look things up and willing to admit if he does not know. Makes sure that he refers you to someone who would know. Always greats me with a smile and makes my visit as comfortable as possible. Nothing but positive things to say about this man!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2007