Ratings for Dr. Mark H. Wilson

I had to unfortunately find a new doctor due to insurance reasons and began coming here. I have regretted the decision since day one and now a year later I am finally leaving. The staff did not know the dosage of a medication prescribed to me, provided me a shot without wearing gloves, washing their hands or cleaning the area, and now have decided to redefine their "office policy". This office is poorly managed and staffed. The office is about trying to make a buck and could care less about the patient. P.S. I have never written a review about anything before which shows how bad this office really is. BEWARE

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

I went in because I was have having bad under my chest and was pregnant. I had never been to him before but someone suggested him to me. He questioned why I would take fish oil during pregnancy and I said because it helps with the development of the baby's brain. He told me, "THE BABY'S BRAIN IS DONE DEVELOPING AFTER THE FIRST TRIMESTER. You need to get off the fish oil, that is what is making you in pain." Me and my husband left immediately. For a doctor to not know that your brain doesn't stop developing until you are in your 20's is insane! He had no clue what he was talking about and I want to warn others. I got HORRIBLE advice and I will NEVER see him again and hope I can stop others from seeing him! My midwife and other doctors were shocked at what he told me as well.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Helpful staff and friendly physician. Have also seen PA who is knowledgeable and compassionate. Definitely recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Really love this doctor and his staff. Cares very much about welfare of patient. Also, staff cares a lot and are friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

Love the staff, very friendly & courteous. Dr and staff do their best. Dr. Wilson sometimes runs a little behind due his thoroughness.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Knows his stuff & extremely helpful. Dry sense of humor not to everyone's liking. Staffing varies from 10+ years new hires so question earlier comment on turnover. ALso, cracked up about grumpy. I'll take grumpy any day over fake nicey,nicey & don't know squat.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

I saw this Dr for many yrs and over time he went from nice to "grumpy" as the other person stated.This is sad because if you don't like what your doing then change careers.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

I went to him a few times & every time I went they were late. This ranged from 1.5 hr late to 20 minutes. Well first of all, chances are you won't get him because he has PAs (Physician Assitants) that appear to take most of the calls. Every time I've gone there was someone new on the staff. For fun just ask one of them if he's a great boss. You'll get some pretty funny looks. At least I did. High turn-over rate I would imagine. Reason why you might ask? He is not the friendliest of people. In fact, he is by FAR the MOST UNFRIENDLY physician I have ever met. I tried to ask him questions and he looked at me like I was wasting him time or just talked right over me. In hindsight, it was problaby because he is always late and rushing through patients. Never got a "warm and fuzzy" feeling from him. Grant it because of his age I would imagine he knows alot but he is DEFINATELY GRUMPY.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Mark H. Wilson's Credentials

• University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)