Ratings for Dr. John M. Lofgreen

I was going to Dr Lofgreen for many, many years. I put my whole faith in him. I was always impressed ho he was on top of things,such as immuninizations, (sorry about the spelling), doing blood work every 3 months. Then I started getting my reports from Lab Corp. going back tp 2011. At that time my GFR was 60. Today my GFR is 24. I now have full blown kidney disease, just one step away from dialysis all because he failed to diagnos or address the problem. When I had the opportunity to go on a class action suit against Prilasec and requested some information on how long I was on it, he wouldn't let his staff give me that information. The last time I saw him was in Jan. 2017 when he told me to get out of his office or he would call the cops. I didn't want to do this but that was the last straw. It just goes to show how a 6' man can be so small.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

When living in the Tempe area back in the 80[s and my children were small, Dr. Lofgreen was the family dr. Very good to them both Sadly my boy died in the iraqi War, from a military accient, am sure Dr. Lofgreen would want to know that Matthew has passed away. I would stil go to him had I remained in the area. he has my respect as a competent physician. HRH Carolyn m. Nelson AAWA, Seattle, Washington.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

He is ALWAYS running behind. His front desk clerk is very rude, and the nurse is always short with me. Terrible doctor. He acts like he doesn't care. He just wants to get through the visit.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

DR STAFF IS THE WORST STAFF I'VE SEEN. THE FRONT OFFICE PERSON IS RUDE AND DOES NOT LISTEN SHE RAISED HER VOICE AND WAS VERY RUDE. THE NURSE WAS JUST AS RUDE AS FRONT OFFICE. WHEN ASKING ABOUT MY LAB'S I GOT TWO DIFFERENT AWNSERS NO ONE CARES NOT EVEN THE DOCTOR. IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY NOT YOUR HEALTH MOVE ON FIND A NEW DOCTOR WHO HAS A STAFF THAT CARES ABOUT PEOPLE AND DR WHO CARES

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Wow, talk about archaic practices.. this doc and his horrible office is like seeing a doctor in 1950. Everything is still on paper and amazingly poorly organized. One time I was following the nurse back and a sticky tab fell off my records that had a rude comment about me.. that was a few years ago. Still gave benefit of the doubt. So true that remembering anything about your health or situation is the furthest from their concern/capability. And Maria, the receptionist -- wow, she is the opposite of polite or customer focused. Angry person. Lofgreen may be a decent doctor, but he's a horrible business person and seeing him is not a good experience due to: completely dysfunctional office, never gets to test results or med refill requests, has no bedside manner. Seriously, go find a doctor who isn't stuck in decades gone by, and who has an interest in something other than the money in your pocket. Some people just aren't good at what they do... you can do SO Much Better than seeing him.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Lofgreen has been my Dr. For 6 or so years. Seams like an ok guy but never gives me enough meds so I have to constantly go back. I personally don't like and avoid the Dr. Office so this is a real pain. Maria is as rude as they come I want to complain but I'm not the kind of person to do that. Nurses are nice and office is ok. Thing I hate the most is the wait for a 15 min talk. Dont go over the prescription with you. I feel like cattle for there pay check.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

I have been going to Dr Lofgreen for 15 years. He has always taken the time to explain things to me and on several occassions based on a 'side note' of something I said, ordered a test one time and did a pap another and both times they came up positive! So he does listen and pay attention. I am NOT an outspoken, assertive type person. But I have full confidence he looks at the little & big things to make decisions on my care.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Lofgreens for over 20yrs. Followed him through several office changes. His current location is a little cramped and front desk service uneven. Nurses wonderful. His testing has diagnosed several severe illinesses early. Takes the time to explain the situation and recommends excellent specialists. In reguard to the negative reviews. If you have questions, speak up, he will listen and explain. He's not a mind reader.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

I was a new patient called to take an appointment and the staff (Maria) was very unprofessional and impolite. She was yelling at me to slow down when I was giving her the information. I did not feel good about it so called back to cancel the appointment. She just hanged up on me yelling. After reading all the reviews, I can guess what kind of doctor he is if he has such unprofessional and rude staff. I would rather recommend another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

This physician spends more time flipping through his paper records than "listening" to what the patient says. Superfluous orders of lab tests, imaging tests, etc. Acts more as a "contractor" than a personal physician.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

Dr. John M. Lofgreen's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

GHI