Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Lewis

Dr. Lewis has been efficient and up-to-date in his treatments for my eye problems, particulary glaucoma. I get the feeling that he cares about me and my health. If I have a late appointment, I know I'll be waiting, but I also know that if I'm the one with the emergency, I'll be taken care of.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Dr. Lewis is very elderly and seems to have a hard time talking, and as a result is very uncommunicative and unhelpful. Despite coming for a very specific condition after a previous visit, he never reviewed my past history and dismissed my immediate concerns. When I told him I had no insurance and was under financial constraints, he basically just shook my hand and said "Good luck" and still charged me an exorbitant fee, three times what it had been on my last visit to the same office. I would not recommend Dr. Lewis to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

A bit cold but very competent. Nice staff.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

Immediately after a laser proceedure to seal my tear ducts , my eyes felt as if sand were in them and they burned. I told Dr Lewis about this and he sent me home. Within one hour the whites of my eyes turned flame red and the pain was unbearable. I called Dr Lewis and he told me to go to his on call MD as he was closing shop. I went and the on call MD examined me and gave me pain medicine for the pain. I went back to Dr lewis for a follow up visit and told him I believed the Laser gave me an ARC Burn to my eyes. He said this was not so and that it was an adverse reaction. I was not informed of this possible adverse reaction and missed a week of work and suffered much pain. I asked the doctor not charge me for the proceedure since I was harmed and he refused. Poor customer service. I never saw him again or refered him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Robert S. Lewis's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal