Ratings for Dr. Steven Shaver

Communication is a fundamental component of a trusting doctor-patient relationship, and should always reflect civility and professionalism. Dr. Shaver does not appear to understand this. He was rude, dismissive, condescending and disrespectful. I felt so alienated, I did not feel comfortable asking the questions I wanted about my condition (I tried but after one condescending answer and two cryptic one word answers I gave up). I will not see him again and will seek another specialist for my follow up appointment.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Rude and condescending. For all he knew I could have been a neurosurgeon but I was spoken to as if I were in preschool.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Do not recommend Dr. Shaver - rushed & perfunctory diagnosis with nothing else to offer including what to do if the issue recurs, possible cause, what to expect etc. Also been treated for a number of years by Dr. Shaver for another condition, test results for which were not readily shared or explained. I don't need a warm & fuzzy Dr. but do need one who will take a few minutes to explain and advise. Dismissive and a little condescending.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I've seen this doctor re a cataract and here is my take. Most people don't realize how busy some of these health professionals are and what stress and responsibilities they endure. I was recently referred to another specialist re my arthritis and when I read the reports on this doctor I was very concerned. They said he was flashy, well dressed, drove a fancy car and had a terrible bedside manner. I thought OMG I want to get better and now I'm faced with this. I went to see him and he was dressed really nice, drove a sports car and was/is one of the best doctor I've ever had. I was very happy that he took care of himself and that he earned a good living as he had earned it. So, I don't read any more revues from whiny people you can never make happy. If you have ever worked with the public you will agree that there are people that you just cannot make happy. I have a few doctor friends and when they retire they are so happy to be out and have less stress in their lives.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Shaver has a nasty bedside manner. Mean person

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

he reconstructed my eyelid. amazing job. everyone was blown away. the doctor that fixed my cheek felt bad after he saw the work done on my eye. he had to double check with me over which eye i had to have done. great job.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I've had one cataract removed and scheduled to have another remover very soon. Dr. Shaver pulls no punches in his diagnosis and gives it to you straight and I like that. He is an excellent surgeon and I totally trust his skills and experience with my vision.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I saw Dr. Shaver today after suffering what I thought was a detached retina. Thankfully it's only "detaching vitreous" and won't require surgery, however, I found this Doctor very lacking in bedside manner as he VERY QUICKLY rattled off what was wrong with my eye, and then wanted me to leave. When I got a word in edgewise and asked if he thought my peripheral vision would return, he acted like I'd asked a stupid question. I repeated, that my peripheral vision is poor in the affected eye, and he treated me like a child... asking me if I could remember that he'd already told me what was wrong - but said nothing about my peripheral vision. I nearly burst into tears at that point since he was trying to hurry me out without helping me to UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY EYE. I hope he's a VERY good surgeon, because he's HORRIBLE at interacting with worried patients who have questions. Now I have to Google to try to figure out if I'll get my eyesight back.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Emergency visit. Last patient of day. Explained what was going on in detail. Referred me to specoialist was pleasant and unhurr ied after quitting time.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Being able to see properly again is wonderful. He has made the quality of my life so much better.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016