Ratings for Dr. Alan Barnard

He was absolutely amazing when I was hemmoraging in the ER and the nurses had decided I wasn’t “important” enough. He personally brought me from the waiting room (after yelling and being totally shocked I had been completely ignored for 5 hours) and had me into surgery in less than an hour. He was so kind, cracking jokes with me trying to lighten the mood.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Horrible doctor. I have a chronic condition and have been to the emergency room 7 times in 2 months. He is by far the worst doctor i have ever seen. He was rude not only to me but the patient next to me as well. Hope I dont end up seeing him in the emergency room ever again. I would have given him 0 stars if I could have.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Baffled by the range of comments. Unfortunately my experience was so extremely negative I hesitate to even write about it. Cranbrook we deserve better. 000 stars!!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Terrible doctor! Definitely knows who signs his paycheques. Works in ER and will shame you if you show up in a non-emergency situation ... as if you're supposed to know what is emergency or isn't.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Barnard did everything he could for me when I was first dx'd with a chronic pain condition and had problems with my extended health insurance and my case manager as I transitioned from full time work to disability. He had paperwork to fill out like crazy but didn't charge me. As my pain condition worsened, and depression set in, he had me in more to keep an eye on me. We got along well and I'm very greatful to him. We were sorry to see him leave for the ER. Our family, particularly our daughter missed his services as the only dr licensed to do medical pilots checks at that time as well.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

If I could give Dr. Bernard any less stars I would, however this website is set up in a way that this cannot be done. There is no problem with his staff or the ER staff, the problem is with the man himself. He has a God complex, He is arrogant and his arrogance supersedes any doctoring ability he would have. It makes him useless as a medical professional… This man should not practice in the ER he is more of a detriment, Than he is a benefit. If he has personal problems that he brings to work which do not enable him to do his job, I do not know. Perhaps some time off and people skills will improve his abilities .

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

A**Hole .... rude. NOT nice to ER Nurses. Poor bedside.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

I saw Dr Barnard in the ER when I had a life threatening condition. Actually, I saw him for all of 20 seconds; I'm not sure he even bothered to come completely into the cubicle, just stood at the curtain. I'm alive today, but definitely not due to him.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr Barnard was our family Dr in Sparwood for years and when I moved to Cranbrook I was lucky enough to get him again.He was always professional, knowledgable and very caring no matter how exhausted he was.Sparwood did not run him out of town, he was overworked and tired of the long hours and the commute back and forth to the South Country.An exeptional Dr in every way.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr Barnard is the best doctor! He has a great sense of humour and he was our family doctor for a very long time but now he is going to the emergency in the hospital. This saddens our family but it akes me happy to know he will be helping other people in emergencies.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008