Ratings for Dr. Barry Hagen

Dr Hagen has been my doctor for 20 years. He took me as a patient when I had a conflict with my previous doctor, even though Dr Hagen was not taking new patients at the time. He is a compassionate man who is also professional and willing to go the extra mile for patients. I will be sad when he fully retires, but I know that the other physicians in the office are also knowledgeable and kind.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. Hagen was my doctor for many, many, years, I was one of his first patients. My sister and I liked him so much eventually all our family and children were his patients. He is not only an excellent doctor but we also over time considered him a friend because he is such a kind, caring person. This wonderful doctor ever let me keep my mother at home when she was dying of cancer because she didn't want to go in hospital. He jogged from his office to our home to check on her two or three times a week. I left Prince George and had a very good doctor in Surrey and now live in Vernon. I started out with a horror story for a doctor (the only one taking new patients when I moved here)...didn't take long to find out why) but now have an excellent lady doctor but I miss Barry Hagen every time I have to see a doctor. He was with my family through deaths in family and with me through my sisters death and it says so much about doctor and staff when you walk in after a tragedy to be greeted by staff coming out from behind the desk to hug you and Dr. Hagen coming to walk me back to his office holding my hand and his arm around my shoulders in sympathy.....Absolutely amazing doctor....seemed to have a uncanny way of knowing exactly how to treat everything.....this man even promised me he would be in the operating room when I had to have my thyroid operated on because I was scared and there he was...the last face I saw when I went under and the first when I came out....they just don't make doctors like him.......thank you for all the wonderful years of service to me and my family.... he has a daughter who is also a doctor and had her once in hospital....definately following in her fathers footsteps....

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I have left Prince George and moved to 'the big city'. I am happy to say that I have lucked into a very good doctor here but Barry was the best. He was my doc. from shortly after he set up practice till I left...more than 30 years; and also took excellent care of my kids from birth till they left as young adults. He is such a clever diagnostician that at one point ( maybe still? ) he was known in the medical community as Captain Marvel

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Dr Hagen has been my doctor my whole life and has been a great help with all problems ive had and there has been many even to go as far as to check up on me while in the hospital many times he has never let me down I trust him and all advice he gives me thank you doc for your patience and hard work .

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

Dr Hagan has got to be by far one of the best Dr's I have ever seen. He is helping me through one of the hardest times health wise I have ever been through. I know he has a super busy practice but he takes the time to work me into his schedule and discuss my treatment. He is extremely knowledgeable about my rather uncommon and severe condition. where some other doctors have treated me like a crazy person (from lack of understanding my illness) he has treated me with kindness and respect. I am not a religious person but I honestly believe that it was a act of divine intervention that brought me into his exam room, the odds are that no other Dr in town would have known what was wrong with me. I sincerely hope he reads this and knows how much comfort he has brought me. You are a great Dr and I hope that there are future generations of Dr's more like you!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Absolutly appalling lack of respect and care of patients needs. Does not possess the common coutesy of notifying you of his disregard for the duties entrusted upon him. Should not be licensed to practice.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Barry has been my doctor since I was a wee lad. He was the only person I trusted to stick an object in my ear when I needed a checkup. He's both friendly and professional and will always be the greatest doctor I will ever have because of his gentle ways and big smile. Thanks Barry, for everything you've done.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Just wanted to say Barry Hagen was my doctor from the late 70's to the late 80's. He was more a friend than a doctor. He helped me through a very emotional time and isn't gender biased. He told my husband what he thought of him and it wasn't good. I wish him all the best.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

He was an easy mark on the handball court and a weak partner for racquetball doubles except that opponents thought he might be crazy. He introduced me to mountaineering for which I am forever grateful. Oh ya...he did a fine job of doctoring for my wife and I. David and Sheila

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Dr. Hagen is a great doctor. He is very personable. He treated my special needs daughter like gold. I wish that there were more doctors like him around.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010