Ratings for Dr. Ken Appleby

Dr. Appleby has been my primary care physician since November 1985 even though I have lived in Surrey for many years. I have had numerous medical issues and Dr. Appleby has always explained every issue in detail. In addition, he has personally called me to discuss issues arising from various tests. He is a very caring doctor and I highly recommend him to you and your family. You will be looked after by the best! I wish everyone had a Dr. Appleby to go to. .......A doctor who genuinely cares about you and your family. My understanding from my friends in my age group (68), is that I am a very lucky person to have him as my Doc! I am a very grateful patient ....omg....can't believe it is 33 years....where does the time go?

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I have been a patient for over 10 years and I have been very satisfied with Dr. Appleby's care. He takes the time to understand your situation and does not just jump to prescribing medication. He takes detailed notes and always refers to them before reaching any conclusions.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

He used to be a good doctor. But now he doesn't seem to care about his patients. He's gotten lazy and doesn't listen to the problem and prescribes a pill before you have finished explaining what's wrong. He needs to be fired or retire.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Great family doctor, been going to see him since I was born over 30 years ago!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Extremely fortunate to have been accepted into this practice 5 years ago The office is the most helpful & efficient I've ever seen. I'm able to get an appt in the clinic on short notice for emergencies or prescription review/ renewal & usually within days if I need to see Dr A. His access to data & memory are first rate & I find he takes the time necessary if I've organized/prioritized my questions out of respect for his time, I get answers. Can't say enough about him, his staff, and to the extent I've experienced them, his colleagues in the clinic

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I have been with Dr. Appleby since he took over Dr. Webbers practice on Hastings Street years ago. From my first visit he has been first class. Explains in detail any concerns I may have, and how best to correct the situation. Does not hesitate to refer me for a second opinion if need be. The staff at the office over the years has been the same. Very proffesional

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

An outstanding doctor. He shows true compassion for patients.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Appleby is very thorough and knowledgeable. He has seen my husband since he was a child, and now treats our whole family. He does not push pills or antibiotics, and always sends us to a specialist if there are specific problems that need to be dealt with. He is a wonderful Doctor and truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Appleby for nearly 20 years and have always been impressed with his care. He is the only doctor that I have heard who calls with test results. If they, or any doctor, accepted new patients I would urge them to see Dr. Appleby.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Punctuality- I wait on average anywhere from 10 mins to up to 30mins to see him Helpfulness- He usually adresses my problem adequately and accounts for my insight/needs on the matter Knowledge -His knowladge is satisfactory, when he isn't sure he has referred me to a specialist (ie dermatologist)

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011