Ratings for Dr. Peter Methven

Peter has been our family doctor for about 25 years. He has always got right on with diagnosis and treatment. No messing around. Through several serious issues and many minor ones he has looked after us. An excellent doctor and a cheerful human being. He's not taking new patients and is always in demand.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I became incredibly sick last year, and when I visited another doctor they brushed it off as just an eye infection. When I saw Dr. Methven and explained my symptoms, he immediately came up with a list of ideas, sent me to a specialist, and eventually diagnosed me with a endocrine disorder. He and his staff are incredibly kind, genuine, and helpful. Beat doctor I have ever dealt with!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I have no faith in this doctor. Runs around looking important but only cares about his schedule. Patients mean nothing to him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Methvan is a very nice doctor however; with the health care system the way it is you are waiting way to long to see him. It makes it tough to keep on top of your health and with the wait times of up to 3 weeks. You have to go to the walk in clinic. Its very frustrating all the way around.

Submitted May 11, 2017

I specifically drive from out of town to see him. He has been my

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I often wonder how much experience / knowledge he has with heart patients. I have had to make recommendations regarding my mothers health from my experience of dealing with my deceased fathers heart conditions and treatments. After a recent heart attach the meds prescribed did not make sense and the pharmacy agreed. When I discussed this with the Dr, he agreed I was correct and made the required changes.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I've been a patient for 23 years, never had any serious health concerns until recently & I was utterly disappointed in Dr.Methvan's inability to simply listen. It became clear quickly that I wasn't going to get any help, and that he was making his own assumptions. He decided on his own that I was 'anorexic' because of the weight loss i'd experienced, and didn't use a single problem solving cell in his brain. All I've got were 'I don't knows' and the impression that he wasn't beliving a single word I said. It was also apparent that he didn't remember from visit to visit, or anything about my medical history over the past few years. Might be a good idea to glacé at your patient file before entering the room. I've never felt so judged, frustrated, and stuck. Truly a pathetic excuse for a health care professional.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

He's been my doctor for over 20 years now, and he has been great everytime I have an appointment. He is great at figuring out what is happening in your system, and is always super helpful. He's the best! Wait times can sometimes be a pain, but I don't know if there's much they can do to fix that.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Has been my family gp for 15 years and has always been an absolute pleasure. Only downside is the wait times for scheduled appointments. Waiting 1.5 hours after your scheduled appointment isn't enjoyable. But he is a wonderful practitioner and always gives the best medical care for me.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr Methven has administered to our family ( Ferreira) for 16 years and I cannot praise him enough. He truly cares as well as being an excellent practitioner. Waiting - sure it can be a bit long - so what - you receive good care - so its worth it He is that

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016