Ratings for Dr. Shelley Ross

Dr. Shelly Ross delivered my daughter and was awesome I miss her, she was an excellent Dr. and she would explain and answer anything you asked. Very Smart Dr. I miss her! I moved and I still wished I could of taken her with me lololo

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Delivered my twins - no pain relief on order after birth. Nurses apologized as it was very late and they had to wait for our doctor to call back to prescribe pain relief. Waited 2 hours. During delivery, she rolled her eyes when I was waiting outside for a surgical room to come free when I asked team how much longer before surgical room was ready. Both my kids have learning challenges which they say harder labor can provoke learning disabilities. I also went in to have a clogged sebaceous cyst looked at. Instead of referring me to dermatology, she froze it and botched a job by jabbing her scissors into my chest to cut it out. She left a significant scar on my chest. Incompetent doctor in my opinion who has an inflated ego.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Come Back! Come Back where ever you are!! So missed!! Best Doctor I ever had wish she would come back

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr Ross delivered my first daughter 11 years ago and was a fabulous physician. Thank youDr Ross.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

awful, awful doctor. has no regard for anything but her msp billings as another has mentioned. Most of my conversations were held with her back to me. If you're a woman be prepared to be treated like cattle and have all medical consent laws be thrown out the window in her office.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr Ross delivered my first baby 10 years ago and I am grateful. She was thorough and like a rock.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr Ross has no compassion and in my opinion, is incompetent. I was desperate to see a doctor as I was very ill (turns out I had pneumonia) and accepted an appointment with her as my family doctor had no openings. It took all my strength and resolve to get myself to the office as I was very weak from not eating or sleeping and being wracked with incessant coughing. When Dr. Ross came in to the exam room I felt an overwhelming sense of relief and I started to cry. The first words out of her mouth were "you look awful". That's fine, I thought, as I did look awful and I felt she was able to see how very sick I was. As I had no voice from coughing so much, I had to write down that my daughter had had pneumonia 2 weeks ago. She answered "and you think that's what you have too?" I shrugged my shoulders "maybe" thinking to myself I'm here for you to diagnose me. She proceeded to examine me but didn't take my temperator, which was 101F. She listened to my breathing but only in my uper chest area front and back but not in the lower rib area like I had seen my family doctor do with my daughter. She looked at my throat which she must have seen was swollen and irritated being that I had no voice whatsoever, and yet she prescribed, as it turned out, chalky horse-pill antibiotics that I could barely swallow without feeling like I was going to choke. If the pneumonia didn't kill me, surely the pills would. In addition, the antibiotics were the kind that leave a bitter taste in the mouth for the entire treatment. As if I wasn't haven't enough trouble eating with no appetite and now this horrible taste in my mouth. The kicker though is when she handed me the note I requested for work purposes, and indicated that I should stop at the reception desk to pay the fee for the note. This is where Dr. Ross showed a complete lack of caring and compassion. She was more concerned about receiving payment than she was for my comfort and well-being. Needless to say, I was not about to stand there in my weakened state to pay her greedy fee. Dr. Ross... BILL ME!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr Shelley Ross - A very poor doctor in my opinion. My wife and I were having our first child and got her via some sort of referral. She was very unkind, rude, and behaved like she was doing us a favour. She would rush through the appointment and take our questions with her back or side towards us. As if we were just too much of a bother for her. Do not use this doctor if you have another choice as you will be most disappointed. She seems only interested in the money as I have seen her billings to the MSP at over $600,000. Take my advice find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr Ross has been my whole families doctor for as long as I can remember (30+ years. There has been times when I have had to wait but it is always worth it. She is bubbly, compassionate and knowledgeable beyond belief, I don't know what I would do without her. She is fantastic with adults, kids and a super Doctor for baby deliveries.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Ross was wonderful to have. I chose to have her as my doctor in Burnaby, after meeting several other doctors, even though I lived in North Vancouver, simply because she made me feel comfortable, which was important my first pregnancy experience as a young woman. Her punctuality is only low because she has to deliver when her patients go into labor, it's an understanding that she will leave her office when you go into labor. Dr. Ross always asked family questions and personal things she remembered to show she cared. I always left happy and assured. I did not get to deliver my baby with Dr. Ross as we had to move away just before I was due, and that was hard since I felt very safe and looked after with Dr. Ross. Since I had to leave her care early, I wanted to ensure any other people considering Dr. Ross had a chance to hear how wonderful a doctor she is, but also a wonderful person.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011