Ratings for Dr. Sean J. McCafferty

Dr. McCafferty is a competent approachable physician. He has a well trained helpful staff. Patients are treated with respect. I highly recommend him and his group. I have high standards and am retired from the academic research health field.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I went to Dr. McCafferty for an eye issue that Ive been dealing with for about two years and I still don't have real answers or relief. Before going to Dr. McCafferty, I had been going to Dr. Sato and had a pretty miserable experience with him. All he did was put me on anti inflammatory steroids that I was allergic to and put me on stronger ones knowing that they didn't help in the first place (in fact made things worse) Dr. Sato didn't at all seem confident and I was obviously not getting any help from him, so I switched over to Dr. McCafferty. My first impression of Dr. McCafferty started off good; he seemed confident and seemed like he knew his stuff (a lot more than Dr. Sato) and he also found out that I had inflimation of the optic nerve (which Dr. Sato didn't at all catch). He even ordered an MRI to further check to make sure that nothing was causing the inflimation (nothing was found.) Although he spotted the inflamed optic nerve, it had nothing to do with my current issue but it was good that he checked anyway. So back to my eye issue, he prescribed me lubricant eye drops and was about to prescribe me anti inflammatory steroids also. Me and my mom tried convincing him that I react badly to the steroids (I was allergic to almost all of them) but he insisted that I needed to take it. Another thing he told me, (these were his EXACT words by the way): "This eye problem.. it's never going to go away. You're going to have to deal with this your whole life and have anti inflammatories to treat it." I left this appointment feeling VERY disappointed and even a little ridiculed. I literally left the appointment crying and never went back. My two experiences with Dr. Sato and Dr. McCafferty has left me very disappointed and between the two of them I felt like a guinney pig, a science experiment being tested on and getting no help at all.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

THIS DOCTOR IS VERY COMPETENT AND THE OFFICE IS CLEAN.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Sean J. McCafferty's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Assurant