Ratings for Dr. Gerrit V. Henry

This is one of the worst doctor (Gerrit V. Henry, DO) I have encountered. He had no time for the patient, always rushed up, didn't even sit down for a talk or listened to what I was saying. In less than 30 sec formed an opinion about the skin condition I was having and handed over a prescription. Also pushed to sell one of their clinic's brand cream/lotion. I had never encountered such an idiotic doctor (I did not reveal that I am also into biomedical research). Tore up the stupid prescription on my way out of the clinic and feel sad for my loss of time and money (Co-pay). Going to see another knowledgeable dermatologist with decent clinical experience. Stay far away from this DO by all means.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Totally a jerk..Don't waste your time, find someone who NOT rude or arrogant. His staff rude. Spare yourself the trouble with this office.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I have no idea why this Doctor was so rude, arrogant and short. I waited, both in the waiting room and exam room, had all my paper work done in advance. He had no interest in my symptoms, history or pictures. He has "seen this a hundred times", just take this crime and come back in two weeks. We will see.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I saw this doctor to diagnose a rash which he did accurately within 5 seconds. However, on a return visit I told him I may be allergic to the creme he prescribed because it seemed the rash was irritated by it. His comment was "that rarely happens" and didn't want to discuss it. When I asked if I needed to extend the antibiotic, the reply was an emphatic "no, we already treated that." He then suggested I try an over-the-counter medication. I felt like he put me in a "one category fits all."

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

came in for a legion on my anakle told me i had skin cancer early stage took a biopsy had me wait ten days came back to office for results after ten days of hell Than he tells me i dont have skin cancer write rx for cream.Asked why he thought i had skin cancer and than looks at me and said "will do you want cancer?" Lady who came in with him never introduced her rude lady no bedside manner

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Great dermatologist and friendly helpful staff. My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Henry's for almost 8 years and have always been pleased with the care provided. I'd recommend Dr. Henry and Arcadia Dermatology to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

After watiting for 2 hours (no sarcasm)I was commanded to come back to the exam room by a PA that didn't even make eye contact, introduce herself or aoplogize for the wait. She had me put on a gown but my concern was on my face. When I asked "why the gown"; she didn't have a response. She ask me several questions without any sign of interpersonal skills or customer service. After about 20 minutes of sitting in a cold room wearing a gown for some unknown reason. Dr. Henry came in diagnosed me without even having a discussion. Prescribed a cosmetic cream and asked me to come back in 2 weeks. The cream made my face burn and peel (which was exponentially worse than the reason for coming in in the first place) after paying $200 for the cream with my flex account I discovered it is not even covered and I ended up having to pay out of pocket for a med that caused more problems. Needless to say I did not go back in two weeks and I do not reccommend you go there either.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Rude. Comes in and quickly talks to me. Doesn't even try and be friendly. Just very cold. This office pulls in a snotty crowd, and the office personal are the same.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Henry is a D. O. & Mohs Surgeon. He almost refused to treat me at my first appointment when I asked him about a specific new treatment for the removal of basal & squamous skin cancers. I find him to be a bit arrogant and he's not gentle with me when removing my skin cancers.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr. Gerrit V. Henry's Credentials

• The University Of Health Sciences, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Healthnet