Ratings for Dr. Dan S. Downs

My husband went to Dr. Downs because his right shoulder was hurting him. Dr. Downs told him it was because he was over 35 and a smoker. Well, he just went in to have his gall bladder removed and we found out that his gall bladder wasn't infected or bad but dead. It had gone necrotic and was actually rotting. My hubands complaints were severe indigestion, pain in his stomache and pain in his right shoulder blade and around the chest area. I looked up Gall Bladder symptoms on Web MD and almost word for word, they listed my husbands symptoms for the past 5 or 6 years. According to his surgeon if we had waited a few more months for the surgery my husband might have died. Dr. Downs may be okay for simple stuff, but he doesn't want to take the time to find the real cause of a problem especially if he can blame you.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

For the past seven years, Dr. Downs has given me excellent service and has been very helpful and knowledgeable in answering questions I have had regarding blood pressues and allergy issues.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

had him for years and saw him for general stuff...but when i really got sick, he had no idea what to do. i don't think he keeps up with current knowledge. nice enough guy, but does not know much...

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

Our family doc for ten years. He is very approachable and will take time to listen. Does not believe every medical problem can be solved with a pill. Suggests old-fashion treatments for simple aliments. He is very focused on diabetic care.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

Saw him for about a year. Because I'm over 50 his favorite saying was "100 years ago you probably would NOT be alive", as if to say I should not be complaining above any ailments I had. He always took the time to listen to my problems. But I felt he was not giving me the care I needed. My wife saw him a couple times. He prescribed a drug that would have caused her problems had the pharmacist not caught it.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Dr. Dan S. Downs's Credentials

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1990)

GHI