Ratings for Dr. Paul A. Mikel

Love Dr. Mikel. He is very caring and patient . I needed surgery and he took the time to answer all my questions along with my husbands. He explained everything so I was well aware of what to expect before and after the surgery. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Love, love, love Dr Mikel. I was seeing a different physician who was not available when I started having an issue and needed a procedure. He was able to see me immediately and get me in for surgery as quickly as my insurance would approve it. My procedure went amazingly well and my recovery was much faster than I expected it to be. He took time to answer all of my questions and explain what my expectations should be after my surgery. My post op recovery has been amazing and I attribute that to him. The staff was very helpful and worked with my corporate office on my leave paperwork in a timely fashion. I will continue to see Dr Mikel as my regular OBGYN and recommend him to all of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Mikel was extremely professional and explained things so well. Recommend the Chandler location.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I am very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Mikel! I will definitely go to him again. He was the only Dr. I went to that was able to solve my issues. A definite PLUS!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I would absolutely never recommend Dr Mikel to another patient. He delivered my two boys and although he was knowledgeable, he had no compassion or bedside manner. Half of the time during my visits, he spent talking about himself and his family. When I had a miscarriage between my first and second son, I called and asked him to prescribe a pain killer for the pain. I was going in the next morning for a Dnc, but my pain was extreme. Rather than just offer to call in a prescription, he asked if I had any old medicine at home. Why would I be calling. Further, it was very unprofessional. We he was delivering my second son, he was talking to the nurse about a news story where a baby had been malled by a dog. I'm still horrified that he would tarnish the birth of my baby this way. On my last visit with him involving an unplanned pregnancy, he was so uncaring and judgmental that I never went back. It amazes me that he was chosen to head up a hospital!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Awesome doc. Listens to you. Took great care of me and my family.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

I used Dr. Mikel for both of my pregnancies, I would rate the care as average, I think he was a little moody..on good days he would spend plenty of time answering my questions and on bad days he would hurry through the visit. I need an OBGYN again and I'm looking for another doc. The front office staff was mostly unfriendly.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Originally used Dr. Mikel for weight loss program. Spent a small fortune, lost 30lbs but it all came back after he said it wouldn't if you did the HCG program. He no longer likes to offer HCG, I guess because he figured it really doesn't work. Lots of times that I have gone he he was very rude, not approable and not the kind of dr. that is sympathetic. He is also very rude to his staff in front of patients. His staff is not very friendly at all and is clueless. The accounting staff is even more clueless. I just got a bill from services over a year ago. You cannot understand the statement and they get annoyed with you if you ask for a explanation. There are too many other dr's that are much better in the area. I now go to A New Beginning OBGYN in Mesa and see NP Joellen Embry. She is wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Mikel has the worst patient care in the whole entire world. I switched over to him during my pregnancy and left after a few visits. He never did any of the testing or measuring he was supposed to do, and was extreamly loud in his office. To the point I could hear him talking to his staff about his weekend plans. He was on time a lot, but honestly I would rather wait for a doctor that I liked. His staff told me I had to pay $500 more than my previous doctors quote. I was absolutly furious with this. I left because I refused to pay that much for little care in my eyes. He never took urine samples, measured my belly or really answered my questions completely. He charges a lot of money and to me kinda half a's the job.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

I saw Dr. Mikel for two pregnancies and would recommend him with EXTREME RESERVATION. My first experience with him was fine, but I left him midway through my next pregnancy because he was very rude to me. I called him during a holiday weekend because I was having some severe bleeding (he had told me not to hesitate to call for any reason). He treated me like I was a bother and told me, "I don't have a machine that can look through the phone and tell what is wrong with you." I hung up the phone and cried and never went back to him. I don't doubt that he could have physically cared for me for the rest of that pregnancy (which ended up including 2 months of hospitalization and a premature baby who is thankfully fine today), but I would not have felt comfortable dealing with him as much as my difficult pregnancy would have required me to.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Dr. Paul A. Mikel's Credentials

• University Of California, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)