Ratings for Dr. Christopher F. Hoskins

Dr.Hoskins just delivered my healthy baby boy; he did an excellent job and I was lucky to have him arrive in time for the delivery. I wrote the previous review and must admit that if you speak to him about your concerns he’ll listen and discuss matters in more detail. He is open about considering your choices and gives you options based on your research. It may have been my hormones and emotional state but I realized that if you express your concerns to him he will understand and make you feel at ease. Thank you dr.hoskins I had a great experience as your patient.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I had no prior issues or concerns with this dr until my 37 week check up; he casually informed me that women with diabetes occasionally have “babies who die” and he seemed amused at his choice of words. Confused I told him I only have gestational diabetes and it’s documented on my chart and at the RAH outpatient diabetes clinic that my sugars are well controlled with diet/exercise and with no insulin. He brushed that off quickly and informed me that he would stretch my cervix next visit and I would need to be induced at 39 weeks. I was shocked and even more confused. He then performed the cervix check to see how dilated I was and was very rough to the point where it was painful. He shoved his hand further to point out where the baby’s head was which I was already aware of from previous visits. The next day I had mucus secretions tinted with blood because of his rough check of my cervix. I just hit 37 weeks which is term delivery up to 42 weeks and he acted as if my baby should be out by now. I had the feeling he was either going by outdated information and doesn’t bother to update his knowledge at all. I researched further when I got home and indeed his “choice” to stretch my cervix at the next visit to induce labor and further induction at 39 weeks is only considered for women with pre-existing diabetes (type 1&2) and poorly controlled sugars, not gestational diabetes with good control. Just beyond disgusted with his barbaric exam and lack of offering some type of education or choice. I will not be returning to this dr.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Had Dr. Hoskins in my pregnancy from 15 weeks on and felt very comfortable with him, he always addressed my concerns and didn’t brush them off. I never had to wait longer than a half hour at appointments.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

You cannot get a better Doctor then Dr. Hoskins. His bedside and his leadership in the operating room is evidence of the respect he has and deserves. He has been my doctor for my two children (whom he delivered) and I was thankful he was there. We can only hope for the future generations to have a doctor like him available in Edmonton.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Excellent doctor, knoweldgeable and always answered my questions and addressed my concerns confidently , instead of saying something like "nothing can be sure" like most other doctors.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Whoever told the patient that a surgeon has not "upgraded their skills" so they cannot do laparoscopy is probably lying. The govt. pays more for a laparotomy procedure than a laparoscopic procedure. It is about $. Stop lying to patients.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I will definitely be using Dr. Hoskins for my next pregnancy! I felt super comfortable at every appointment.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

I was referred to Dr Hoskins as I was needing a hysterectomy. Waited 4 months for the referral, which is a normal wait period. He wasn't available for my first appointmet but saw another of his colleagues. To my surprise, at my appointment I am informed he does not do laparoscopic hysterectomies because he hasn't upgraded his qualifications for this type of surgery and can only offer me an abdominal surgery. So this doctor unnecessarily puts women at higher risk and suffering by offering 1960s style surgery when there are much less riskier and less invasive laparoscopic techniques. When they received my referral, knowing what I am coming there for, the front desk should have automatically rejected me as a patient to begin with, because they can't offer the services I needed, instead of waiting 4 months to find this out in person. Get with the times, Dr. and quit unnecessarily mutilating women because you don't want to take the time to upgrade your surgery skills.

Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr Hoskins is absolutely fantastic! On my third pregnancy with him as my dr and have nothing but great things to say about him.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

He did a complete hysterectomy for me in 2010. When the surgery was complete he came to my hospital room and said the surgery went very well and completed it in 45 minutes. I had no idea how long this surgery should take. I was fine until 5 days after surgery. I had such bad abdominal pain. Found out i had 2 abscesses where my ovaries where. Had to be hospitalize for a week to clear the infection. When i went back to him he said the pain can't be that bad and shrugged me off. Sent me home with estrogen. He was so ruff during pelvic exam. It felt like he stuck his whole hand in there. It is 2017 and i suffer in pain every day because this surgery should have taken about 2 hours. He did a fast and sloppy surgery and because of that my organs are stuck together. My sigmoid colon is frozen. I am full of adheshions because Dr.Christopher Hoskins did a fast and sloppy surgery .I will suffer till the day i die and as time goes on it gets worst. Just ask about ADHESION'S not a word was said to warn me about adhesions. I hope this can save any women from going through what i have gone through because i would not wish this on my worst enemy

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017