Ratings for Dr. Edward L. Shapiro

I just got home and went to see Dr Shapiro and thought I was there to talk about my hospital stay. I was diagnosed with sepsis, no potassium, and red rash all over my body. Well he doesn't agree with the hospital diagnosis, or believe me when I told him I had colitis and had five tumors removed. Well he said that I couldn't have had them removed because I didn't have a colonoscopy. Well then he started to terrorize me, and I wasn't telling him the truth. He had all my paperwork from the hospital, but he fnever talked about the results. All I can say is it is all about him, Please if you know anyone going to him tell them to find another doctor. He is not a good doctor. I would hate anyone to go through what I have.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Rude. Pushy. Unable to listen. Poor medical advice. Dangerous INMO. Worst experience ever. I will not be back. Staff is unfriendly. Don't trust him, his staff, or his opinion.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Arrogant, rude, condensending, disagreeable.. Can you believe I am talking about a Dr? I walked out of his office muttering "What just happened?" This was my only visit to Dr. Shapiro. His staff apologized to me telling me he had a bad day, but it was only 10:00 AM. When I requested my medical records be transferred to a new Dr. I was told all my previous records were thrown away and they had no legal obligation to save records from my previous long term Dr. that had retired. It was only 10 days since my visit to Dr. Shapiro that I requested the records be transferred. I just can't believe that a Dr. can be so awful. And I am as easy of a guy as there is to get along with. I left his office a mental wreck, didn't think it was possible. Oh well!! That's life!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Please be cautious when going to this doctor or any doctor. Do your homework. Do your research. In my opinion, this is not a very friendly place. Not sterile either. Doctor was dressed as though he was on vacation in Hawaii. They are not professional to meet the standards of care. Pay close attention to that little voice inside of you should it say 'Run, Patient, Run'. You will save yourself much grief. Click on the link to see the board actions taken against him for five years in the state of California. He moved to Phoenix after being punished by them.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

Shapiro & Associates Primary Care, Edward Shapiro, D.O: I had a fairly negative experience with the office staff on my first visit. I had called a month prior to cancel my appointment and reschedule due to my car breaking down. When I went in today, I was seen within the usual 15 minutes, and then made to wait for the doctor for 1 hour. When I stepped out to ask if how much longer I would wait, the nurse stated "We are only showing you the same courtesy you showed us." I spoke to the office manager and she was surprised at that. She said that "We don't normally treat our patients that way", and apologized. When the doctor stepped in after another 15 minute wait, I asked if I could speak to him for 2 minutes on his office staff and he stated he didn't want to hear it. He supports and backs up his office staff and would not let me talk to him on it. I left with tears in my eyes at the shock of it. They will never get my business. I complained to my insurance company as well.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

I live in Phoenix i moved here from Massachusetts..i went to doctor shapiro for chronic back pain .I have been dealing with it for what seems like forever ..a friend turned me on to smoking Marijuana to ease the pain ( its the only drug that works ) so i suggested this to the rudiest doctor i ever visited ...his response was to call me an addict and accused me of being ''Stoned right now'' ...and also added that he WILL NOT prescribe me any type of pain killer for the pain cause he feels im a marijuana addict ..well i have decided to drop him as my doctor and spread the word about his (Personal and Moral Beliefs)instead of scientific and proven treatment options like marijuana .He will never see me again ..

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

There is a saying a first impression is a lasting impression and it wasn't a good impression. I sprained my ankle from a hiking accident in January 2002. I called his assistant/manager and she turned out to be a real witch. I don't remember what I said to her that set her off and she hung up on me. When I called back, she threatened to terminate my account so I swallowed my pride and apologized even though I did nothing wrong. I believe she took advantage of the fact that since my mobility was limited, she could take advantage of me however she saw fit. When things settled down, I had my appointment with Dr. Shapiro. He asked me what I do for a living. I told him I was taking film classes at Scottsdale Community College and he got rude with me telling me I was making a mistake not taking classes in Los Angeles. As soon as I was able to change my provider from Cigna to United Healthcare, I changed physicians. This office's bedside manner gets an F in my book.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Dr. Shapiro can be very moody. Sometimes he's personable, but more often than not, he's abrupt and rude. I feel like I'm putting him out by seeing him. He's not at all thorough, and rushes through the appointment. He's also not open to considering your own ideas. There have been several medical issues I've had where I've done very extensive research and wanted him to consider various treatment plans, and he was not only closed to the idea, he was downright uninformed. I feel like I shouldn't know more about certain conditions than my own doctor. I have switched doctors.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

does not look professional. wearing a dirty Tshirt and dirty pants. When I went in I saw him standing and I thought he was a janitor or a plumber.. do not recommend.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Dr. Edward L. Shapiro's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1974)