Ratings for Dr. Timothy Bintley

Worst doctor I've ever had. Doesn't listen and is very opinionated.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Gartree Vernon- He was the only dr out of 5 that diagnosed me correctly. he sent me for tests and a specialist, then made sure I was aware of the results. He helped me get my CPP Disability AFTER he contacted several drs he was hoping would do the surgery needed. Because it took so long for me to get to him and then get my MRI- no one will do the surgery. He was the only one who took the time to try to help, and the only one who actually listened to me. He is blunt- but he is honest and knowledgeable, he simply does not sugar coat things to make you happy.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Bintley is a good Doctor. He has very little time for Bullsh-t. A GP is one of the hardest working doctors in the medical field. I have respect Doctor Bintley since my first visit. He is Professional and efficient considering how busy his clinic is. He took the time to patiently listen to my problems and provide a solution. His no nonsense approach is very refreshing, I would not hesitate to recommend him. Thank you Dr. Bintley.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

I didnt go to have my hand held. I went to get medical advice. Which he did very professionally. I wish he was taking on patients. He is very switched on and to the point.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Bintley at the Gartree Medical Clinic since Jan. I am amazed by all the negative comments. I have been suffering with what now turns out to be a rare autoimmune disease. In all of my visits with Dr Bintley I have no complaints. I have never felt rushed, he listens and answers all of my questions and takes his time with me. No hesitation to give me the referals to the specialists I requested or to do a skin biopsy recommended by my rheumatologist. I would recommend Dr Bintley and myself will continue to only see him. I only wish he would set up practice and take regular patients.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I went to a medical clinic early this morning in Vernon near Safeway as I do not have a GP. What an experience that was!  The older Dr. Timothy Bintley was wearing pychidelic shoes. He himself reported that he takes 50 pts. every other day between 8 and 1 pm. Alternating days with his partner. I wasn't there long as pts. were in and out so fast it would make your head spin. When I first saw him in the examining room, he burst in, -no greeting or intro, no eye contact- just 'and why are you here !' No hand washing as he saw 4 pts. all at once in separate little offices.  He ran back and forth from one room to the other rooms constantly - all you could see was a streak of orange, green, red and yellow flashing by ( his shoes).   While I was there, he had every pt. take an eye test in the hallway – the pt. would stand outside the examining room and read the letters on a chart at the end of the hallway covering alternating eyes. I was not asked if I wanted the eye test.  He would bark at his nurse to come and do the testing.  All doors were open so I could hear what everyone was saying to the Dr.   One elderly lady was taken  for the eye test and she said "I'm here for my hip, not my eyes" Didn't matter - everyone got tested.  When my turn came, I asked why and the doc said it was to test for glaucoma – which it is NOT.  I said I get tested at home for this.  Didn't matter.   He told me  that my chest sounds were clear - even tho' I exhibited coughs that would make a horse envious.   Told me my swollen throat would go away eventually and also the larangitis.  I would likely have this cold for another 2 - 3 weeks he said  (I am only at day 6 or 7).   He couldn't help me he said several times.- even tho' I looked like death warmed over,-  no anti-biotic he said even tho I had not asked for any!!!    My eyes were swollen and inflamed with fluid running from them- not always clear and quite crusty in the mornings.  So I did ask for  anti-biotic drops for my eyes.  He reluctantly gave me a prescription, but  I was prepared to fight him tooth and nail to get it. I have to really commend the lovely office nurse who was such a breath of fresh air. She saw to pts. who were coming in  constantly and then responded to the barks for eye tests in between.  She kept smiling but I wonder if she still was at 1 pm when the clinic closes.  I was there early What I really question besides his inadequatecy is the eye tests given to 4 or 5 pts whilst I was there just for a short time. They seemed to be given whether needed or not. And without consent. It seems that this Dr. is padding his income. Why not add an eye test to each billing. I will be reporting this doc to the College. I would advise any and everyone not to go to this doctor!!!! He is a joke.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

interrupted me while i was explaining my symptoms, gave no advice or even a diagnosis. coughed up a note that said i had a respiratory infection but not what kind or how long i should stay home for. felt rushed. the guy had nice shoes but that was about it.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I went to see this Dr at Gartree Medical Clinic since i recently moved from the coast and did not have a family Dr. I managed medical clinics for many years and also worked with the ministry of health. My first impression was that he lacked any professionalism. He came in wearing golf shorts, neon socks and shoes and a peach t-shirt. I came in regarding a headache which I had for 5 days and I was very concerned as to what could be causing this symptom. His bedside manner was terrible. He had no name tag and did not even introduce himself or look in me the eye when asking why I had come in. A minute into our meeting someone knocked on the door and said he had a phone call. He did not excuse himself he simply walked right out the door and was gone for 10 minutes. Upon returning he did not say a word or look me in the eye just looked down at his pad again. I explained I had neck pain as well as an earache and that my cousin and uncle also had similar symptoms without the headache the past few days. He took my blood pressure and then wrote down a prescription pad a prescription for 20x T3's and told me to have a good day. I was a little shocked that this would be the end of our visit since my headache was obviously a symptom of something something else. I asked him if he knew what would be causing the headaches to coax him to investigate a little further. He looked at me and said "I don't know, it's a headache". This is the problem with our medical system, using drugs to cover up the symptoms instead of diagnosing the underlying problem. When I reminded him of my earache, neck pain and family with similar problems he just told me if I still had a problem to come back in three days. I have never seen a doctor who cared less about the patient and cared more about getting my MSP number and a prescription kickback. If you want to see a Dr who cares about you and your health DO NOT go to this Dr.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Saw Dr. Bintley at Gartree Medical Clinic in Vernon, B.C. I was next in line and he took almost a full hour with the patient ahead of me. When he attended to me he was rude & tried to rush me out. When he gave me a prescription I told him I was allergic to the macrolide family of antibiotics. He replied, 'This is not Erythromycin, it is Biaxin'. I said, 'I am allergic to this family of antibiotics'. His reply, 'It is not erythromycin'. I will be filing a complaint with the College Of Physicians & Surgeons of BC, and seriously considering a malpractice suit.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

It appears this guy is only concerned withhold own well being A two year old with diarrhea for 6 days was told to stop eating. That was it!! No wonder he moves around so much. Austrailia is lucky they refused his entry Too bad for vernon!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014