Ratings for Dr. Lora J. Plattner

I had first mom's surgery there several years ago. She let nurse remove stitches. I got home, clear across Phoenix, it started to bleed. Had to drive back to have it bandaged. Since then, I have had another on my nose and now waiting results of biopsy for a third. The physician tells me she made a flap when she did first one and that spreads cancer cells. Not very happy I ever went to her.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Finally stopped coming to this office as I never saw the Dr, just the PA. I finally saw the doctor when I required a minor procedure. Office staff had never been very friendly.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I went to Dr. Plattner for MOHS surgery. At the post-op appointment it was noted that my incision had popped open on one end. I was sent on my way, they said it would probably heal. I now have a divit in the middle of my forehead. She will not see me to even look at the incision unless I pay out of pocket for another office exam. The rude, patronizing receptionist would not even ask the doctor if I would be expected to pay for the scar revision as well. I ended up having to leave. Now I will have to either live with the hole in my forehead, or pay another doctor to revise it.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

I lost my brother to melanoma and my father has melanoma. Had mole mapping done and this office refuses to use it to watch my moles. I was called and told by their office staff that they do not have time for that. Even though I have since been to a new doctor and it takes no time at all. The new doctor was appalled that they would not take the time to do this given my family history. I also had a severely atypical mole excised by Dr. Plattner. My biopsy was lost. I will never receive the results! One good thing is that you never have to wait more than 15 minutes.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dr Plattner has been my Dermatologist for 10+ years. She is very knowledgeable and always willing to answer any questions. On one of my first few visits there was a misunderstanding her her PA. I called the office with my concerns she returned my call and spent quite a bit of time listening to my concerns and helping me to clarify new diagnosis. She literally has saved my life twice. She has always worked me into her schedule when needed (at one point 3 times a week). She is funny, kind, down to earth, but professional. With I would prefer to never have received my diagnosis, having Dr Plattner in my life makes worth it.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2010

I went to Dr. Lora Plattner to remove a suspicious area that my regular dermatologist had previously biopsied. She removed the area and sent the new tissue biopsy off to an outside lab. I thought that the whole point of going to a Mohs Surgeon was that they had the ability to review your tissue biosy right then. They need to verify that all your margins are clear before closing you up with stitches. 3 days later she called me to tell me that the biopsy had indicated Melanoma and I would have to come back ASAP for a second surgery. I made a follow up apt. after the second surgery and brought my husband along so we could be informed about what to look for in future. We also had a list of questions for her. Number one being why (since she's a Mohs Surgeon)she hadn't reviewed the first tissue biopsy herself before closing me up with sutures. She became extremely deffensive, rude and unprofessional. I will never recommend her to anyone!

Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr. Lora J. Plattner's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Healthnet