You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jack Amar

Just had a procedure done on Jan 29 and I was very pleased on how it went; operation was smooth and efficient and all medical issues attended to properly; I would commend dr amar and his assistant and secretary for a job well done!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Just had a colonoscopy and I found Dr. Amar to be very kind to ask about my level of comfort prior to the colonoscopy. I did not feel any pain or discomfort. Dr. Amar was very caring and supportive the whole time at the hospital and the week before at his clinic. His asst. Pat, was also good about phoning me at home prior to the procedure to ask if I had any questions with the fasting and the procedure in general.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I am totally satisfied with his knowledge and manner. He has been my doctor for over 7 years. He was able to remove a very unusual precancerous polyp I had, other surgeon would not touch. His sense of humor sure helped the uncomfortable situations I have been. I told him last time, he can not retire! Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I am very satisfied with the care I have received from Dr. Amar and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I have seen Dr Amar several times over the past 2 years and each appointment was handled promptly and efficiently by everyone from the front end staff to Dr. Amar himself. He has the greatest approach, makes one feel at ease immediately. He explains things clearly, is obviously well educated in his field. His clinic is well equipped to deal with various tests and screenings on site. When I mention his name to other Dr's that I see, I hear only accolades.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I have found Dr Amar to be very helpful and excellent at what he does.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Its really too bad that such a great doctor has such rude and mean spirited front desk staff - because that means he loses patients including us. Not many people want to deal with attitude from receptionists when not feeling well and needing a doctor visit.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr. Jack Amar is AMAZING and goes above and beyond in his patient care. I would not trust anyone else. Thanks to him, I got a long overdue diagnosis that changed my life for the better. My mom now sees him and is equally happy with his whole team.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Dr Amar is vague at best when it comes to patient care and has so far only managed to cause me more stress and aggrevation then answers. After trying to engage with him and my illness, he promptly dismissed me after delivering a diagnosis. There is no after care or concern from Dr Amar and his attitude is less than comforting. His answer to my ailment is pills with no respect for patient input. He is dismissive and clearly more interested in himself than anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Jack Amar's Credentials

• U of Toronto

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had a procedure done on Jan 29 and I was very pleased on how it went; operation was smooth and efficient and all medical issues attended to properly; I wou..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had a colonoscopy and I found Dr. Amar to be very kind to ask about my level of comfort prior to the colonoscopy. I did not feel any pain or discomfort. D..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Amar..very caring, help, knowledgeable doctor . I been seeing him for 10 years now. "

January 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am totally satisfied with his knowledge and manner. He has been my doctor for over 7 years. He was able to remove a very unusual precancerous polyp I had, oth..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very satisfied with the care I have received from Dr. Amar and his staff. "

November 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr Amar several times over the past 2 years and each appointment was handled promptly and efficiently by everyone from the front end staff to Dr. Am..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have found Dr Amar to be very helpful and excellent at what he does. "

May 29, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Its really too bad that such a great doctor has such rude and mean spirited front desk staff - because that means he loses patients including us. Not many peop..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jack Amar is AMAZING and goes above and beyond in his patient care. I would not trust anyone else. Thanks to him, I got a long overdue diagnosis that chan..."

February 15, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Amar is vague at best when it comes to patient care and has so far only managed to cause me more stress and aggrevation then answers. After trying to engage..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Amar is amazing. After struggling my whole life I was blessed to have this doctor help me. He listened, and cared, and tried to determine cause. I love th..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been treated by Dr. Amar on two occasions and cannot find enough superlatives to accurately describe his professionalism, knowledge and general all round..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Amar for 16 years. In all my appointments with him he has been professional, interested in what I am saying, helpful and kind. He treat..."

November 21, 2014