Ratings for Dr. Jack Amar

I have seen Dr. Amar since 2000. Not only is he knowledgeable, but he has the ability to communicate effectively with his patients effectively. His humor side also shows when he is with his staff at the hospital. I highly recommend him. TH

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Has anyone had Dr. Amar as a surgeon for colon cancer? My father has colon cancer and needs a skilled surgeon for his colon resection. I would appreciate some feedback regarding Dr. Amar' s surgical skills.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

cannot say enough good stuff about this gentleman ... kind, sensitive, transparent/shares info without being condescending, very patient, good humoured and funny; all 'round lovely guy you would want for your specialist - hands down

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Amar is excellent. He does not permit even one moment of patient discomfort during an upper GI endoscopy or a colonoscopy. His way of communicating is personable, pleasant, obviously knows his stuff. I cannot imagine he's rude to any patient. I like him and certainly don't want to see him retiring anytime soon.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Not only is Dr. Jack Amar perhaps one of the best GI doctors in Canada. He truly and sincerely cares about you as a patient and listens to what you have to say. If you are fortunate enough to have him as a doctor consider yourself lucky.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Just had a procedure done on Jan 29 and I was very pleased on how it went; operation was smooth and efficient and all medical issues attended to properly; I would commend dr amar and his assistant and secretary for a job well done!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Just had a colonoscopy and I found Dr. Amar to be very kind to ask about my level of comfort prior to the colonoscopy. I did not feel any pain or discomfort. Dr. Amar was very caring and supportive the whole time at the hospital and the week before at his clinic. His asst. Pat, was also good about phoning me at home prior to the procedure to ask if I had any questions with the fasting and the procedure in general.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr Amar..very caring, help, knowledgeable doctor . I been seeing him for 10 years now.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I am totally satisfied with his knowledge and manner. He has been my doctor for over 7 years. He was able to remove a very unusual precancerous polyp I had, other surgeon would not touch. His sense of humor sure helped the uncomfortable situations I have been. I told him last time, he can not retire! Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I am very satisfied with the care I have received from Dr. Amar and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015