Ratings for Dr. Jack Amar

first class right up to date on all aspects....receptionist on the ball kept me well informed of all appointments

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Excellent all around. Experienced, knowledgeable and an very capable physician.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Horrible service from his secretary. Very scatter brained. Had to repeatedly follow up for an appointment..

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I cannot say enough about Jack and his staff. I have a genetic condition that he has helped me deal for with for 25+ years. I have been treated effectively, with respect and he has always been available when I have needed him; never on an endless waiting list. I receive test results promptly and on occasion, there has been a chocolate under my pillow when I am awake after a procedure. Sorry, Jack, but it is true. Many, many thanks for your excellent care. Dyane

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Amar's for over twenty-five years. He is the most respectful doctor I have ever had. He treats you with the most compassion as if you were his own family. I trust him with my life after our long time patient-doctor relationship. If he doesn't know what your problem is he will soon give a diagnosis to your questions. Dr. Amar is the greatest gastroenterologist in the lower mainland of Vancouver. More doctors should have his bedside manner. Thank you for caring for us all. Alana V. His procedures are painless too.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Amar was great. Just had a gastroscopy with him. Offered a cancellation within a week of referral. Our meeting was a bit rushed as a consequence, but he still took time to listen well and clearly processed what I told him carefully. I opted not to have sedation, which he warned me would be very rough. He had chosen the same route himself so knew all about it. True, it was nasty as could be. But he talked me through the whole thing very carefully, let me watch it all (at my request), and was both kind and clear in explaining. And clearly very skillful. The nurse was also very good. So I coped ... and would willingly continue with him as a doctor if need be.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I first met Dr. Amar in 2006 and never forgot what kind, gentle and funny man he is. I just had another consult and procedure with him today and once again cannot say enough wonderful things about him. I'm sure he will be dearly missed when he retires

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

After contacting this office, found that he's retiring. As far as the staff go, not impressed with their attitude. Instead of giving the run around, could have said that he was retiring in the first place.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

He's kind and has a sense of humour! Great personal style, and just the right level of concern

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr. Amar and his team are excellent providers of health care! Their knowledge, skill, and caring attitude toward the patients is most appreciated!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017