Ratings for Dr. Myles Beatty

Never had a good experience with Dr.Beatty! He has physically hurt me with exams and then denies everything about it saying he did nothing wrong. Doesn't take any issues (which I've had several with this pregnancy) seriously. I hope to God that he is not present when I give birth or anytime afterwards. This man should not be practicing!!! Please do not recommend or go to him!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr beattt almost ruined my life. I came into the ER because a few days after I vaginally delivered my first baby my repair broke down. I had 4th degree tearing and it started to come apart & I also had a fistula, it was a disaster. Beatty was the OB on call, he came in to look at it and made it seem like it would be ok, but they would have to re- repair. I waited all day, and by the time I was supposed to have the repair done, later that day. I was wheeled down to the OR and he made it very clear that he didn't want to do the repair & reccomended that I have an illiostomy (where they relocate the exit of your bowel to your stomach, leaving you to have a bag attached to your stomach that you deficate into for at least 6 months, and then another surgery to reverse) I was devestated, 20 years old with a new born baby and this is what he reccomended because he didn't want to do the re repair surgery. I didn't know what to do, I cried for hours and he felt no sympathy for me, he wouldn't even look at me or my mom. When the general suergon who would have been preforming the illiostomy came to talk me through the procedure I cried even more. She held the surgery off until the next on call OB was in. When I was brought into the OR it was her and dr. Hepburn, they told me they would check my repair and see if it could be fixed before they thought about doing the other surgery. I was put under not knowing what I would wake up with. When I woke up from surgery they told me that the re- repair went great and there was absoloutly no reason I should have even been considered for an illiostomy. So thank you Beatty, I wouldn't have left my house, I would have cried every day, I wouldn't have bonded with my daughter properly because I would have become so depressed to have to live like that for the first 6 months of her life and then have another surgery. He had no compassion, no drive to fix me or help me out. I wouldn't recommend him if he was the last OB to walk this earth!!! And when I made a complaint to the hospital he had a full load of bull lined up and didn't even apologize to me.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I had him for the majority of my pregnancy for my twins. However he almost never had full eye contact with my hubby or I, he never set up any non-stress tests, never booked my c-section in the few weeks before his 2 month vacation. The doctor he passed me onto had to rush her secretary to make a bunch of appointments we were unaware we needed. He has terrible bed side manners and I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Dr. Beatty delivered both my babies via C-section (12 and 14 years ago). His surgical experience and results at the time were excellent. However, he no longer does surgeries and is now only doing "in-office" work. My last visit (a month ago) ended negatively when he wasn't listening to me and I realized he was more interested in prescribing medicine instead of doing what is best for me. I would no longer recommend him. I think his license should be suspended.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Beatty delivered my pre-mature daughter in 1983 -I will always remember him-as far as I am concerned he saved her life -he had to deliver her in an emergency situation and she only weighed 2-1/4 pounds -today she is a happy, healthy 33 year old beautiful woman living and working in Toronto and she is perfect- thank you again, Dr. Beatty-You are by far the best doctor !!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

My mother and I both had him and we both had the best experience with him. Awesome doctor

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr Beatty has been my OB for the past 15 years and has delivered 3 healthy babies via C-section. Has also helped me through 2 tubal pregnancies. Dr. Beatty is very knowledgeable and a fantastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Beatty by my family doctor - he is always on time and makes sure to ask me if I have any questions about my pregnancy. I found nothing wrong with his bedside manner, he is always friendly and kind and not rushed at all.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Beatty's for about 10 years. I think he's amazing, so is Sue. I have had surgery twice, both performed by him and my outcomes have been great. My experience with him is nothing but positive. His experience and expertise is so invaluable. As my husband says, we are not looking for my doctor to be our best friend, we need someone knowledgeable and capable and he is. I appreciate all he has done and continues to do for me and our growing family.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

This man butchered me. He told me I needed surgery and I didn't. I found out later that he didn't read my pre surgical ultrasound reports. He did so much nerve damage in surgery that I will never be able to walk without pain again. 3 years after surgery and I am still in agony. Please please - don't let him do this to you. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015