Ratings for Dr. Elisabeth Shoemaker

Seems to be on vacation a lot of the time. Gets tests done but never calls about results. The onus is on me to make an appointment to hear results which she reads while I am there. Every time I see her, I have to explain my condition all over again, she doesn't seem to remember the issues that I'm seeing her for. How I wish I had my last doctor back. Finding another new doctor is to daunting right now, but that may have to change soon!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

this women should be sued. horrible doctor. doesn't care about her patients. she never gives you an answer. I believe she is only there for the pay check. disgusting human being. i ended up with stage 3 breast cancer because of her ignorance!!! I really y hope she is not a doctor anymore. she give great doctors a bad name!

Submitted July 18, 2017

Back in 2008 i was 40 yrs old and I went to see dr. Shoemaker. I told her about my history of breast cancer that my mother passed from it at age 45. this doctor didn't seem concerned and never scheduled a mammogram . That being said I developed breast cancer 5 years later. I often wonder if things could of been much different if dr. Shoemaker had sent me for yearly mammograms. I hope this woman is no longer a practitioner!

Submitted February 28, 2017

I've had the pleasure of having Dr. Shoemaker as my family doctor for over 27 years and in that time many, many ailments. In every instance I received immediate and effective treatment and was treated with extreme respect. Ive never had to wait to get an appointment and quickly received various referrals to specialist for my condition.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I have known dr. shoemaker my entire life, literally as she pulled me from my mothers womb. Has always been kind and compassionate and a vast resource of knowledge. She has helped me through so much, and I highly recommend her as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

Dr Shoemaker is a wonderful doctor. She may seem distant but is actually thinking about how to help you best she can. She is caring and smart and I am very happy to have her as my doctor. I never feel judged by her, actually I have felt more comfortable with her than anyone else at the hardest time in my life, even at our first visit. She listens to me and works with me in taking care of my health. She is a doctor I hope will be with me for a long time. Her personal staff are also great. They are caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

I never receive a full answer when I see her, I have a specific problem that needs to be treated, and she hasn't done that. Not even an x ray or other scan to see what the issue is. Almost all of my pain seems to be "due" to my weight, and she has even stated that my problems would go away if I lost weight. I'm not THAT heavy, and the pain is worst when I'm OFF my joints. I've tried to be more leading with my discussions with her, but as with the majority of posters here, I feel that I'm more in the dark than when I went in, and embarrassed as well.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. Shoemaker has seen me thro' many life altering issues and my children as well. I have nothing but the highest regard for this fine doctor and her staff.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

It is hard to get an appointment with her. When I do I tend to sit in her office for a while waiting. I go to her for birth control, I am 20 and she always seems to give me a judgemental attitude, which makes me feel uncomfortable. She always seems very rushed, I only go to her for birth control, and I am grateful to have a different doctor to care for my illnesses cause I feel Dr. Shoemaker would come in and out of the room and not fully care about my symptoms/ sickness.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Shoemaker since I was a baby and I feel like my health problems are never fixed. She is nice but hse never acutally helps me. She always replies with mhm, yes, okay, yes, ohhh and then tells me to come back and see if anything has changed.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010