You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Randall W. Porter

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Dr. Porter recently completed a surgery on my C2 Ganglion nerves to sever them after YEARS of severe headaches, especially on my left side. After exhausting pain management and doing a trial on the St. Jude neurostimulator, it was decided that direct surgery was most likely the best course of action. During surgery, Dr. Porter found the left Ganglion involved with the C1 & C2 vertebrae, clearly the root cause for years of suffering. He freed the Ganglion and completed the planned procedure. When I awoke, I could tell immediately that the pain I endured for YEARS was gone. I have pain from the surgical site, as it required cutting muscle and nerves to get to the problem area, but NOTHING like the pain I increasingly suffered over many years….. pain that no Rx or procedure was able to subdue. I feel like I awoke in a new body and am now ready to endure a few weeks of surgical site pain in order to get back to a full and happy…..pain free… life again. Thank you again, Dr. Porter…..you are the best!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Porter is an excellent doctor. He is very professional and reassuring. I had confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I had other opinions that were much more drastic than what Dr. Porter advised. His assistant Julie is wonderful. They both took time to explain every step. I highly recommend Dr. Porter and Barrow to everyone.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I don't usually write reviews. I am taking the time to do this because it is deserving and I believe if this can help anyone else with a decision then it was worth it. I am a Fire Fighter, and it is a career that is not easy on the body, although it is a career that I was not willing to give up. I fractured my L-5 Pars bone and as a result I aquired severe spondylolisthesis. My condition required surgical intervention due to the fracture and loss of the mechanical advantage that the pars bone provides. This was a stressful time for me; I have a wife and 3 kids that depend on me, this would be my very first surgery, and I could possibly lose my career. I researched and researched to find the best possible surgeon. I essentially interviewed 4 surgeons prior to making my decision. I chose Dr. Randall Porter to perform my surgery. I could not have made a better decission! Dr. Porter and his NP Julie are second to none, this includes; Bedside manner, Professionalism, Knowledge, Expertise, and they really care, I never felt like just a number. I must also say that Dr. Porter will pray with you and you family prior to the surgery, this was big for me. Im a year post surgery and my CT scan looks great, I am pain free, I'm able to work out, run the mountains again, and I have returned to my career full duty without restrictions. I highly recommend Dr. Randall Porter and his staff!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Randall W. Porter. His diagnosis was excellent and he is tops as a surgeon. I can't imagine having a better doctor in charge of my back problems. I feel very fortunate. His staff is excellent as well.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Fantastic doctor and a wonderful individual. My back surgery has completely changed my life. I went from a wheelchair to walking in a day. I highly recommend Dr. Porter.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

Ditto, ditto, ditto! If you are reading this review, you will also be reading others written prior to mine. Having reviewed them myself, I agree with all the sentiments and opinions provided regarding how good he and his team are. If you are in need of a neurologist, choose Dr. Porter! Unrelated to his practice and my unqualified recommendation for him, is a comment regarding St. Joseph's Hospital. I was in the hospital for four days after surgery. Other than the first two nights were I had the same RN, I had a different RN providing me care the rest of the time, Most of them were contracted for, and the quality of their care varied. From the standpoint of continuity of car this is a weakness. I doubt Dr. Porter has any way to address this, and would highly recommend him, but best to be aware.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr. Randall W. Porter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1993)

Banner Health
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon. After a 4 1/2 hour surgery on my back I awoke with minimal pain. "

May 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter recently completed a surgery on my C2 Ganglion nerves to sever them after YEARS of severe headaches, especially on my left side. After exhausting pai..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is an excellent doctor. He is very professional and reassuring. I had confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I had other opinions that ..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome experience with Dr. Porter. Very professional and I felt very confident having him as my doctor at Barrow."

March 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would recommend Dr Porter to anyone. Thanks to.him and his staff I am pain free "

March 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is the BEST of the BEST. If you have neck or back problems you MUST SEE DR PROTER"

February 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I don't usually write reviews. I am taking the time to do this because it is deserving and I believe if this can help anyone else with a decision then it was wo..."

February 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have the utmost respect for Dr. Randall W. Porter. His diagnosis was excellent and he is tops as a surgeon. I can't imagine having a better doctor in charge..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic doctor and a wonderful individual. My back surgery has completely changed my life. I went from a wheelchair to walking in a day. I highly recommend Dr..."

January 30, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Ditto, ditto, ditto! If you are reading this review, you will also be reading others written prior to mine. Having reviewed them myself, I agree with all the ..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Beside being a great surgeon, he took the time to carefully explain everything. Most importantly, I fully trust him to provide the best treatment for my situati..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had excellent treatment from the office staff. His PA is fantastic from the 1st appt right to my 3month post surgery. Dr Porter gave me my life back. He is..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I worked as a nurse practitioner for a neurosurgeon for 3 years and was so impressed with Dr. Porter, Julie--his NP, and his staff. He is an excellent surgeon,..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter, Julie, and the whole staff are absolutely wonderful! They listen, explain, and answer all your questions Their concern and care couldn't be better..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is unlike any other doctor. He is not only a world-renowned and extremely skilled neurosurgeon, but he also has excellent bedside manners. Dr. Porter..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I've now had 4 spinal surgeries performed by Dr Porter . And I will need more within the next couple years and there's NO OTHER PERSON that I'd rather have work..."

September 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great team! Dr. Porter and Julie were wonderful. When I had doubts about my surgery, he sat with me and listened and explained my options again to reassure m..."

August 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter and Julie, his assistant, are extremely qualified. My first experience was excellent. He explained less invasive ways to approach the pain I have h..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful surgeon. He and his team showed great compassion for my pain and even post op problems. They all took great care of me so that I can take care of my f..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor who is very busy but takes necessary time with you the wait for him is worth it. He is a great surgeon and my recovery is a miracle "

August 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is a fantastic neurosurgeon, and very important to me, a man of God... "

August 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is a veritable miracle worker. I had a great experience both before and after the surgery. I cannot recommend Dr. Porter highly enough."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Compassionate, professional, friendly. Feel like someone cares!"

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great patient care and concern. Gives me confidence in the plan we made. Has a great team."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is a very knowledgable and talented surgeon. Thanks to him, I am 80% free of chronic & debilitating pain that I suffered from for more than 12 years..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I am writing this comment regarding Dr Porters Office Staff who are utterly Incompetent at MY expense. I had been instructed by Dr Porters then medical assistan..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is a quality of life saver. I was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer, only a handful of doctors in the USA are trained in dealing with the sur..."

March 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter and the Gamma Knife staff at Barrows have been fantastic! I am 2 months past the procedure and felling better everyday."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This was the second surgery performed by Dr. Porter both produced the desired relief of my pain. He also corrected an additional problem during my surgery that..."

December 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Randall Porter did the surgery for a large brain tumor that was causing my son to have serious health issues for several months - from the day we met him , ..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is amazing. He operated on my Acoustic Neuroma brain tumor and did a wonderful job. I was very worried about paralysis in the side of my face where..."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter kept me from being in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. He is one of the best not only in his field but a great person. He listens and thats is..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter was amazing. He was caring and explained everything that was going to happen and took the time to meet with my family. I can't thank him enough. D..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is the best! He gave me my life back! I am forever grateful! Marcia S. Haverly"

November 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My golf ball-sized Acoustic Neuroma was diagnosed at a local hospital's trauma center. Their neurosurgeon immediately referred me to Dr. Porter and Barrow Neuro..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with an Acoustic Neuroma and Dr. Porter provided me great care and attention answering my many questions to determine which treatment is best fo..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter was recommended by a retired Neurosurgeon from Cleveland Clinic who had the same surgery as I needed. Now I know why. Dr. Porter instantly put me at ..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter in my book is rated as the top Neurosurgeon in the US. He tells you as it is and prepares his patients. The best solutions to repair and give you you..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Dr!! And I'm a picky patient. He takes his time with you and listens to your issue. My mother had 3 spinal surgeries before Dr. Porter. ALL were unsuc..."

September 20, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=446858'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.9

February 15, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=446858'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.2

February 5, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

February 9, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Randall" to "Randall W."

April 8, 2012