Ratings for Dr. Randall W. Porter

Dr. Porter has performed back surgery on me and I could not be more grateful for his care and expertise. His prayer before surgery meant a lot. You won't find a better neurosurgeon out there.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Excellent surgeon. After a 4 1/2 hour surgery on my back I awoke with minimal pain.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Dr. Porter recently completed a surgery on my C2 Ganglion nerves to sever them after YEARS of severe headaches, especially on my left side. After exhausting pain management and doing a trial on the St. Jude neurostimulator, it was decided that direct surgery was most likely the best course of action. During surgery, Dr. Porter found the left Ganglion involved with the C1 & C2 vertebrae, clearly the root cause for years of suffering. He freed the Ganglion and completed the planned procedure. When I awoke, I could tell immediately that the pain I endured for YEARS was gone. I have pain from the surgical site, as it required cutting muscle and nerves to get to the problem area, but NOTHING like the pain I increasingly suffered over many years….. pain that no Rx or procedure was able to subdue. I feel like I awoke in a new body and am now ready to endure a few weeks of surgical site pain in order to get back to a full and happy…..pain free… life again. Thank you again, Dr. Porter…..you are the best!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Porter is an excellent doctor. He is very professional and reassuring. I had confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I had other opinions that were much more drastic than what Dr. Porter advised. His assistant Julie is wonderful. They both took time to explain every step. I highly recommend Dr. Porter and Barrow to everyone.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Awesome experience with Dr. Porter. Very professional and I felt very confident having him as my doctor at Barrow.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I would recommend Dr Porter to anyone. Thanks to.him and his staff I am pain free

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Porter is the BEST of the BEST. If you have neck or back problems you MUST SEE DR PROTER

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I don't usually write reviews. I am taking the time to do this because it is deserving and I believe if this can help anyone else with a decision then it was worth it. I am a Fire Fighter, and it is a career that is not easy on the body, although it is a career that I was not willing to give up. I fractured my L-5 Pars bone and as a result I aquired severe spondylolisthesis. My condition required surgical intervention due to the fracture and loss of the mechanical advantage that the pars bone provides. This was a stressful time for me; I have a wife and 3 kids that depend on me, this would be my very first surgery, and I could possibly lose my career. I researched and researched to find the best possible surgeon. I essentially interviewed 4 surgeons prior to making my decision. I chose Dr. Randall Porter to perform my surgery. I could not have made a better decission! Dr. Porter and his NP Julie are second to none, this includes; Bedside manner, Professionalism, Knowledge, Expertise, and they really care, I never felt like just a number. I must also say that Dr. Porter will pray with you and you family prior to the surgery, this was big for me. Im a year post surgery and my CT scan looks great, I am pain free, I'm able to work out, run the mountains again, and I have returned to my career full duty without restrictions. I highly recommend Dr. Randall Porter and his staff!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Randall W. Porter. His diagnosis was excellent and he is tops as a surgeon. I can't imagine having a better doctor in charge of my back problems. I feel very fortunate. His staff is excellent as well.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Fantastic doctor and a wonderful individual. My back surgery has completely changed my life. I went from a wheelchair to walking in a day. I highly recommend Dr. Porter.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

Dr. Randall W. Porter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1993)

MSP/BC Med