You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Randall W. Porter

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Randall W. Porter. His diagnosis was excellent and he is tops as a surgeon. I can't imagine having a better doctor in charge of my back problems. I feel very fortunate. His staff is excellent as well.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Fantastic doctor and a wonderful individual. My back surgery has completely changed my life. I went from a wheelchair to walking in a day. I highly recommend Dr. Porter.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

Ditto, ditto, ditto! If you are reading this review, you will also be reading others written prior to mine. Having reviewed them myself, I agree with all the sentiments and opinions provided regarding how good he and his team are. If you are in need of a neurologist, choose Dr. Porter! Unrelated to his practice and my unqualified recommendation for him, is a comment regarding St. Joseph's Hospital. I was in the hospital for four days after surgery. Other than the first two nights were I had the same RN, I had a different RN providing me care the rest of the time, Most of them were contracted for, and the quality of their care varied. From the standpoint of continuity of car this is a weakness. I doubt Dr. Porter has any way to address this, and would highly recommend him, but best to be aware.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Beside being a great surgeon, he took the time to carefully explain everything. Most importantly, I fully trust him to provide the best treatment for my situation. I'm confident in recommending him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I had excellent treatment from the office staff. His PA is fantastic from the 1st appt right to my 3month post surgery. Dr Porter gave me my life back. He is a very skilled and caring surgeon. I love also the Medical Memory this helps me to remember everything we discuss. They are the best in Phoenix.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I worked as a nurse practitioner for a neurosurgeon for 3 years and was so impressed with Dr. Porter, Julie--his NP, and his staff. He is an excellent surgeon, kind, professional and has a great bedside manner. My outcome has been 100% improvement and I could not he happier. I would highly recommend him to my patients, family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr. Porter is unlike any other doctor. He is not only a world-renowned and extremely skilled neurosurgeon, but he also has excellent bedside manners. Dr. Porter is respectful, kind and sympathetic. He is thorough in his diagnosis and treatment options. I was diagnosed with a 6 CM Acoustic Neuroma on 11/04/13. The tumor was pushing my brainstem over, significantly displacing it. Due to the massive size of my tumor, my predicted complications after surgery were high: coma, stroke, brain damage, swallowing problems requiring a feeding tube, breathing difficulties requiring a tracheostomy, balance issues and complete facial paralysis. After thirteen hours under the knife, I walked out of the hospital after 5 days from surgery with ZERO complications. Dr. Porter not only preserved my facial muscles but my life! I would, without hesitation, put my life in Dr. Porter's hands again if necessary.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I've now had 4 spinal surgeries performed by Dr Porter . And I will need more within the next couple years and there's NO OTHER PERSON that I'd rather have working on my spine than Dr Porter . Nothing but the utmost respect for this man .

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

Great team! Dr. Porter and Julie were wonderful. When I had doubts about my surgery, he sat with me and listened and explained my options again to reassure me of my decision. After and during recovery they were both compassionate and encouraging.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Randall W. Porter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1993)

Banner Health
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have the utmost respect for Dr. Randall W. Porter. His diagnosis was excellent and he is tops as a surgeon. I can't imagine having a better doctor in charge..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic doctor and a wonderful individual. My back surgery has completely changed my life. I went from a wheelchair to walking in a day. I highly recommend Dr..."

January 30, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Ditto, ditto, ditto! If you are reading this review, you will also be reading others written prior to mine. Having reviewed them myself, I agree with all the ..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Beside being a great surgeon, he took the time to carefully explain everything. Most importantly, I fully trust him to provide the best treatment for my situati..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had excellent treatment from the office staff. His PA is fantastic from the 1st appt right to my 3month post surgery. Dr Porter gave me my life back. He is..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I worked as a nurse practitioner for a neurosurgeon for 3 years and was so impressed with Dr. Porter, Julie--his NP, and his staff. He is an excellent surgeon,..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter, Julie, and the whole staff are absolutely wonderful! They listen, explain, and answer all your questions Their concern and care couldn't be better..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is unlike any other doctor. He is not only a world-renowned and extremely skilled neurosurgeon, but he also has excellent bedside manners. Dr. Porter..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I've now had 4 spinal surgeries performed by Dr Porter . And I will need more within the next couple years and there's NO OTHER PERSON that I'd rather have work..."

September 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great team! Dr. Porter and Julie were wonderful. When I had doubts about my surgery, he sat with me and listened and explained my options again to reassure m..."

August 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter and Julie, his assistant, are extremely qualified. My first experience was excellent. He explained less invasive ways to approach the pain I have h..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful surgeon. He and his team showed great compassion for my pain and even post op problems. They all took great care of me so that I can take care of my f..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor who is very busy but takes necessary time with you the wait for him is worth it. He is a great surgeon and my recovery is a miracle "

August 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is a fantastic neurosurgeon, and very important to me, a man of God... "

August 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is a veritable miracle worker. I had a great experience both before and after the surgery. I cannot recommend Dr. Porter highly enough."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Compassionate, professional, friendly. Feel like someone cares!"

August 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great patient care and concern. Gives me confidence in the plan we made. Has a great team."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is a very knowledgable and talented surgeon. Thanks to him, I am 80% free of chronic & debilitating pain that I suffered from for more than 12 years..."

August 7, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I am writing this comment regarding Dr Porters Office Staff who are utterly Incompetent at MY expense. I had been instructed by Dr Porters then medical assistan..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is a quality of life saver. I was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer, only a handful of doctors in the USA are trained in dealing with the sur..."

March 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter and the Gamma Knife staff at Barrows have been fantastic! I am 2 months past the procedure and felling better everyday."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This was the second surgery performed by Dr. Porter both produced the desired relief of my pain. He also corrected an additional problem during my surgery that..."

December 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Randall Porter did the surgery for a large brain tumor that was causing my son to have serious health issues for several months - from the day we met him , ..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is amazing. He operated on my Acoustic Neuroma brain tumor and did a wonderful job. I was very worried about paralysis in the side of my face where..."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter kept me from being in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. He is one of the best not only in his field but a great person. He listens and thats is..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter was amazing. He was caring and explained everything that was going to happen and took the time to meet with my family. I can't thank him enough. D..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter is the best! He gave me my life back! I am forever grateful! Marcia S. Haverly"

November 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My golf ball-sized Acoustic Neuroma was diagnosed at a local hospital's trauma center. Their neurosurgeon immediately referred me to Dr. Porter and Barrow Neuro..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with an Acoustic Neuroma and Dr. Porter provided me great care and attention answering my many questions to determine which treatment is best fo..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter was recommended by a retired Neurosurgeon from Cleveland Clinic who had the same surgery as I needed. Now I know why. Dr. Porter instantly put me at ..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Porter in my book is rated as the top Neurosurgeon in the US. He tells you as it is and prepares his patients. The best solutions to repair and give you you..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Dr!! And I'm a picky patient. He takes his time with you and listens to your issue. My mother had 3 spinal surgeries before Dr. Porter. ALL were unsuc..."

September 20, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=446858'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.9

February 15, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=446858'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.2

February 5, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

February 9, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Randall" to "Randall W."

April 8, 2012