Ratings for Dr. E A Plewes

This doctor left me with great distaste for the medical profession. Not only did he discharge me before the bowel showed ANY sign it was working but he actually berated me for that fact stating that if he'd known there were going to be the problems with the surgery he wouldn't have done it because it was elective. Furthermore the "problems" turned out to be discitis caused by nicking the spine and causing a serious spinal infection causing me to become septic and in life threatening circumstances. That surgery was in 2014 and interestingly enough this review board was closed shortly after. To this day I suffer pain and mobility problems. There are pitifully little options for one to take when harmed by the callous negligent actions of a physician so unless you are well enough off to be able to afford seeking compensation for damage that may cause problems in future I'd avoid this surgeon (?) like the plague.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Dr. Plewes was the supervising surgeon over seeing my unscheduled emergency colostomy to remove a mechanical blockage in March of 2012. I was assured by Dr. Plewes that my quality of life would quickly recover to normal and that I was an ideal candidate for a future complete colostomy reversal. I had a hectic work schedule and returned to work immediately upon my release from the hospital. After a year of healing I was still experiencing great bowle discomfort that could no longer be thought to be attributed to the healing process so I began to grow concerned. Upon successfully contacting Dr. Plewes office receptionist I was informed that Dr. Plewes would not see me without a referral from General Practitioner – family Doctor. I had no family Physician since I had not had a history of much illness; it took 12 months and three Doctor case refusals before I discovered a Physician who was willing to take me on as a patient. Year three after the colostomy I was finally seen by Dr. Plewes who immediately dismissed most of my severe bowel discomfort concerns as impossible and non-existent. However; when requesting information about reconnection surgery Dr. Plewes stated that the option was no longer viable because of my complaints of possible bowle complications. Now in year four I am seeking input from other Gastrologists in an attempt to get a diagnosis for the cause of the severe discomfort.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Dr. Plewes removed my gallbladder. He described the procedure and the risks and all options. The surgery went well and I recovered very well. When he had to cancel the follow up appointment he personally called me instead to discuss the lab report and any questions I had. I appreciated the call and found him to be very personable. Excellent surgeon!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr Plewes took the time to explain everything and really talk about options. Friendly and professional. Was not rushed even though there were patients waiting. Did not recommend surgery for me at this time. Was totally impressed and I have been to many doctors over the years. I highly recommend him. Very personable and talks through everything. His receptionist is a bit chilly!!! She could learn how to smile and be friendly.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. Plewes did my complete colectomy in feb. he was knowledgable, straight forward, and got the job done. I see him tomorrow for a consult on a massive hernia, and hope for the same.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Went In for my Hernia walked through the procedure and the risks. Told me to call when ready for surgery. When I was ready I called 5 months later, the only issue was they were having problems with the scheduling app and said she would call me back but didn't. didn't think about it again for another 4 months, scheduled surgery was in within the month. Great experience, he did his job, good looking incision, healing well without complications. He's not a doctor to sit around and talk about the weather, but will answer any questions you ask.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

This doctor seems incapable of accepting responsibility for his errors in surgery thst left me with permanent spinal damage caused by an infection he refused to even consider being there instead only showing arrogant unconcern foe voiced complaints and discharging after bowel surgery before any sign the bowel was working. Now I have permanent spinal damage that will affect me the rest of my life. In fact at one point I mentioned very bad chest pain from which he said that perhaps that is good as maybe gas will start to move when in fact I had classic signs of discitis he preferred to dismiss as a neurosis or some rediculous thIng. Thanks to this man my life has changed forever. I wouldn't let this man touch me never mind operate. Offer an apology as is due? Fat chance. This so called doctor should be disciplined instead of letting him go on with the same exceedingly poor attitude and disregard for his patient.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Plewes has been my doctor for only a few years and all of my visits have been very honest and to the point. He is very good at his craft and my appointments and surgery at the Royal Alex have all gone very smoothly and feel I was treated with great care.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr. Plewes is the best Dr.I have ever met! He is friendly, polite, very knowledgeable. He takes his time to explain surgical procedure. No "sugar coating" lets you know about any potential risks. He truly makes you feel like you are more than just a patient. He performed major surgery on me, and he did an excellent job! He had a wonderful bedside manner. I wouldn't hesitate to ask for him if I was to ever need surgery again. I would highly recommend Dr. Plewes to anyone looking for a highly skilled surgeon. The only negative I can say is, his secretary needs to brush up a bit on her people skills. She always seems somewhat cranky! A friendlier tone and perhaps a smile now and then would be nice!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I agree with the comment below, the doctors office staff seemed cold and almost disturbed by my calling in. While I've not had the operation yet, will be a couple of weeks from now, I'm somewhat put off by his staff. I hope that he can do something about this as it reflects poorly on him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015