You may also like

Ratings for Dr. E A Plewes

Dr. Plewes removed my gallbladder. He described the procedure and the risks and all options. The surgery went well and I recovered very well. When he had to cancel the follow up appointment he personally called me instead to discuss the lab report and any questions I had. I appreciated the call and found him to be very personable. Excellent surgeon!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr Plewes took the time to explain everything and really talk about options. Friendly and professional. Was not rushed even though there were patients waiting. Did not recommend surgery for me at this time. Was totally impressed and I have been to many doctors over the years. I highly recommend him. Very personable and talks through everything. His receptionist is a bit chilly!!! She could learn how to smile and be friendly.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. Plewes did my complete colectomy in feb. he was knowledgable, straight forward, and got the job done. I see him tomorrow for a consult on a massive hernia, and hope for the same.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Went In for my Hernia walked through the procedure and the risks. Told me to call when ready for surgery. When I was ready I called 5 months later, the only issue was they were having problems with the scheduling app and said she would call me back but didn't. didn't think about it again for another 4 months, scheduled surgery was in within the month. Great experience, he did his job, good looking incision, healing well without complications. He's not a doctor to sit around and talk about the weather, but will answer any questions you ask.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

This doctor seems incapable of accepting responsibility for his errors in surgery thst left me with permanent spinal damage caused by an infection he refused to even consider being there instead only showing arrogant unconcern foe voiced complaints and discharging after bowel surgery before any sign the bowel was working. Now I have permanent spinal damage that will affect me the rest of my life. In fact at one point I mentioned very bad chest pain from which he said that perhaps that is good as maybe gas will start to move when in fact I had classic signs of discitis he preferred to dismiss as a neurosis or some rediculous thIng. Thanks to this man my life has changed forever. I wouldn't let this man touch me never mind operate. Offer an apology as is due? Fat chance. This so called doctor should be disciplined instead of letting him go on with the same exceedingly poor attitude and disregard for his patient.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Plewes has been my doctor for only a few years and all of my visits have been very honest and to the point. He is very good at his craft and my appointments and surgery at the Royal Alex have all gone very smoothly and feel I was treated with great care.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr. Plewes is the best Dr.I have ever met! He is friendly, polite, very knowledgeable. He takes his time to explain surgical procedure. No "sugar coating" lets you know about any potential risks. He truly makes you feel like you are more than just a patient. He performed major surgery on me, and he did an excellent job! He had a wonderful bedside manner. I wouldn't hesitate to ask for him if I was to ever need surgery again. I would highly recommend Dr. Plewes to anyone looking for a highly skilled surgeon. The only negative I can say is, his secretary needs to brush up a bit on her people skills. She always seems somewhat cranky! A friendlier tone and perhaps a smile now and then would be nice!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I agree with the comment below, the doctors office staff seemed cold and almost disturbed by my calling in. While I've not had the operation yet, will be a couple of weeks from now, I'm somewhat put off by his staff. I hope that he can do something about this as it reflects poorly on him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Dr. Plewes is very direct and honest which I appreciate. Three surgeries all with excellent results. office staff somewhat short and uncaring. Still fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

One of the most efficient, practical, honest, and helpful Doctors I've ever had, surgery was a breeze, healing was much better than expected, and my home care nurses where amazed at his work and precision. Even in the follow up appointments, he had had genuine concern and empathy making sure everything was perfect before letting me go.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. E A Plewes's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Plewes removed my gallbladder. He described the procedure and the risks and all options. The surgery went well and I recovered very well. When he had to ..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Plewes took the time to explain everything and really talk about options. Friendly and professional. Was not rushed even though there were patients waiting..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Plewes did my complete colectomy in feb. he was knowledgable, straight forward, and got the job done. I see him tomorrow for a consult on a massive hernia, ..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Went In for my Hernia walked through the procedure and the risks. Told me to call when ready for surgery. When I was ready I called 5 months later, the only iss..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor seems incapable of accepting responsibility for his errors in surgery thst left me with permanent spinal damage caused by an infection he refused to..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Plewes has been my doctor for only a few years and all of my visits have been very honest and to the point. He is very good at his craft and my appointment..."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Plewes is the best Dr.I have ever met! He is friendly, polite, very knowledgeable. He takes his time to explain surgical procedure. No "sugar coating" lets ..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the comment below, the doctors office staff seemed cold and almost disturbed by my calling in. While I've not had the operation yet, will be a coup..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Plewes is very direct and honest which I appreciate. Three surgeries all with excellent results. office staff somewhat short and uncaring. Still fantastic d..."

January 8, 2015