Ratings for Dr. E A Plewes

Can I just say I love this doctor! He is so kind and so very efficient! I trust his advice and have had only success with him. Please don't retire for a long time! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I’ve seen Dr. Plewes a number of times after my intitial visit to get a colostomy. He did a wonderful job with the surgery and I’ve had other doctors comment on what a great job he did. He is very thorough and knowledgeable. I’ve seen him after my first surgery several times and have always been very pleased with the outcome of my appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Plewes.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Dr. Plewes fixed a ruptured ulcer in my stomach and did an amazing clean incision. He is very thorough and very accommodating. He was great I’m so thankful I had him as my emergency surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

I initially met with Dr. PLewes for an umbilical hernia repair. He was very kind and explained things in detail. Unfortunately my surgery has taken another direction and I will be operated on by an oncologist. I am so thankful Dr. Plewes ws my initial surgeon, he discovered the mass and referred me to another surgeon. During this journey I've been told by hospital portets, anasthelogists, student doctors and so what a kind man Drml. Plewes is and his exceptionsl skills. I think that speaks volumes when he colleagues speak highly of him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I had surgery for the first time in my life on May 10th 2017 with Dr. Plewes and he is amazing. I actually sought him out based off of the reviews on this website for the type of surgery that I needed which was an umbilical hernia repair, that was getting worse with each pregnancy. I've had four kids close together and I wanted to make sure I would be able to have more kids if I wanted, without the hernia reopening after a repair. He gave me great advice and told me when the best time to do the procedure would be. His staff was accommodating with my busy schedule and I had the surgery 2 months after giving birth with my fourth. Every member of his team, including him spoke to me right before the surgery to make sure I had no questions or concerns and they gave me great advice concerning breastfeeding and my options for pain medication. The scar healed invisibly, you can't even see it because he tucked into my belly button so you can't even tell I had surgery. It took about 8 weeks to completely heal and I feel great, and had no complications. I'm so happy I went with him by far the best decision for me. His secretary was also awesome in getting me information, scheduling my surgery and follow up. I would definitely highly recommend this surgeon, definitely one of the best in Edmonton.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr.plewes amazing surgeon. He took care of my ulcer colitis. I had other doctors tell me I would have an ilestomy bag forever and won't ever get pregnant. Dr. Plewes removed my disease and I no longer wear an ilestomy bag and I'm pregnant!!! By far the best surgeon! Very caring, takes his time and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr Plewes is knowledgeable and down to earth. Very helpful and kind. Doesn't rush you.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

He did my colonoscopy. He was courteous and explained everything well.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Good doctor but his receptionist is terrible. She thinks that she is the doctor by the way she judges your visit. She is beyond rude. I wonder if Dr. PLewes realizes this. I have talked To others and they feel the same way. The same way about her.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

I went to Dr Plewes for a 2nd opinion after the first doctor brushed me off and told me he couldn't do anything to help me. Unlike the first doctor I saw, Dr Plewes did not give up on me so quickly. It took awhile and a couple of different tests, but he was finally able to help me sort out my health issues. This is what a good doctor does - goes the distance to help his patients rather than brushing them off after a five minute exam. I must also compliment him on his punctuality. He's always on time for my appointments. I've never been to a doctor that was so punctual. His secretary may come across as a bit gruff to some people but I've always found her to be friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016