Ratings for Dr. Ann L. Kimmel

I find it hard to believe anyone would leave a poor review about this doctor. Everyone is entitled to their bad day and it must've been theirs!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I love Dr. Kimmel. She delivered all three of my children and now that I am having a surprise baby later in life I am happy to have her with me again. I'm not sure why there are some negative reviews here. I think perhaps sometimes people have communication or personality differences that impact a visit. She hugs me every time I see her (usually twice). She is truly the kindest and most compassionate dr. I've ever had. I've had both high risk and normalish pregnancies. She referred me to specialists when needed and was always very up front, informative and supportive when my family had to make difficult care decisions. I couldn't recommend her more and I keep following her to the detriment of my gas tank as her offices move farther and farther east because I like her so much.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Kimmel was at least an hour late seeing my wife, who is 36 weeks pregnant with twins. Dr. Kimmel is not our regular OB, who was on vacation. Thank goodness for that. Needless to say, if this was our first visit with Dr. Kimmel we would not have returned to Contemporary Care for Women. She treated my wife as a nuisance and completely manhandled her in the exams. I understand that my wife is not her patient; however, she is as much a source of income to Dr. Kimmel's partnership as Dr. Kimmel's patients. Not to mention that Dr. Kimmel has certain obligations as a doctor and a human being that she overlooked during our visit. In addition to being untimely and rushing us out the door, Dr. Kimmel felt it appropriate to talk down to my wife and I during the visit. We aren't stupid (we both hold doctorate degrees) and -regardless of our level of intellect - Dr. Kimmel's behavior was incredibly rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend Dr. Kimmel under any circumstances.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I absolutely love this doctor. Not only does she make you feel at home in her office, but she goes out of her way to answer all questions no matter how silly they might be. When I was in labor, she was a breath of fresh air to a very scared first time mother. She took things I told her during appointments and applied them to my labor. She also sat with me for two hours of pushing and never once made me feel that I was taking to long. She explains all procedures, and lets you as the patient be a deciding factor in your healthcare. The one thing that is disappointing now, is that she combined her practice. Although she is available for all my prenatal care, she most likely will not be the doctor delivering. Even then, she's put all my fears of having someone I don't know deliver at ease by explaining all the doctors in her practice have the same philosophy's when it comes to medical care. I truly trust her with my life and the life of my unborn children.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Kimmel!!! She is very personable and attentive and answers EVERY question I have. During the last visit of my pregnancy, she spent about 30 minutes with me just answering my questions. She never makes me feel as if she is in a rush to see the next patient. When I went into labor she was there with me in the hospital throughout the entire process and even sat with me while I pushed for over an hour. I would never go to anyone else!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Kimmel is the best OB/GYN I have ever been to! She delivered my second baby and I would love it if she would deliver all the rest! I will never go to another OB/GYN besides her. Her staff and NP are all very friendly, helpful, and professional. They try to see you as soon as possible whenever you havbe a question or concern. Dr. Kimmel listens and does wonderfully to help out. She is patent and doesn't make any hasty actions or decisions when it comes to your care during your pregnancy as well as during the delivery. She relly does care about her patienrts and gives them the attention we need! I could go on forever on how wonderful she is. Dr. Kimmel is your best choice!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

I do not recommend this pgysician on the basis of her poor attitude toward me. She may be a competent physician, but as a human being, she is sorely lacking.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2009

Dr. Ann L. Kimmel's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

• BCBS Illinois