Ratings for Dr. Andrew Crichton

After several years following a problem in my left eye with possibility of Glaucoma and continuously check ups and the pressure in the eye getting higher with time no medication was prescribed by the doctor until I insisted he needed to see my problem more seriously and that I was getting really concerned. His response was that he did not understand the symptoms and that I should try an eye drops he got out of his pockets. No explanations and left immediately leaving me in his office more concerned and confused. Definitely I question his professional and empathetic approach to his patients.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

The Doctor is not really interested in you. Can see from the degrees and teaching information posted around the office he is knowledgeable, but not sure how much he cares for his patients. I have been several times. My first experience he said "you have glaucoma" as his first words. I asked him what that meant he said "they will give you a book at the front desk" and he got up and left. I think he is competent and probably skilled, but his waiting room is always jam packed and he simply wants you in and out.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Dr. Crichton is very professional and helpful. I have gone to his office many times. The receptionist is working but not helping patients constantly. I have tried many times to call his office and am put on hold immediately. I am hold for several minutes and finally give up and hang up. I think that the doctor needs to know this is happening.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Have with Dr. Crichton for over 28 years. Simply put , he is the best!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Given the high demand for his services, Dr Crichton does an excellent job of balancing thoughtful patient care with necessary efficiency. The front-desk staff is sometimes abrupt, and I would welcome some eye contact or even a smile when I go for a visual field exam! But this is a busy office providing absolutely vital service to a vast number of people. I'm so grateful for the level of skill and medical knowledge we have access to through Dr. Crichton and his staff and colleagues.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I saw Dr. Crichton today and after reading previous "Rate your MD "comments I was rather apprehensive but always prefer to make my own judgements. I am glad i did. He was personable, perhaps sensing my fear about the reason I was there, but did the tests, quickly, efficiently and made my stress level drop within minutes. I have only good things to say about him. After going through years of taking my mum to clinics for her macular degeneration, which was like an assembly line, the system in this office was a breeze. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

A family member went to see Dr. Crichton regarding eye pain. Although he made the appropriate referral to a retinal specialist his bedside manner was atrocious. After being questioned regarding the nature of the problem we were told to "go home and google it". I find this unprofessional and certainly not in the patients best interest. He was unwilling to provide even the most basis information and empathy. We left feeling disgusted with his attitude and his lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Nonexistent bedside manner. Severely lacking in professionalism. Can't comment on his knowledge because he certainly didn't impart any. Did not answer my questions, too busy trying to make a quick exit after dropping a very unexpected and upsetting bombshell w/ absolutely no empathy. Had to squeeze him for info and he appeared very irritated at being asked anything. If he's good, it's definitely difficult to tell because he hides it well. Left feeling very confused, upset and much worse than when I came in. It's too bad because if his skills are excellent they are preempted my a total lack of bedside manner and communication skills, thus making them virtually not evident. A really good dr cares about his patient enough to impart information in a clear, concise and meaningful way and in amanner which is compassionate and makes a very unpalatable diagnosis much easier to digest/stomach, particular.y if he were to take the time to thoroughly explain things, answer questions or even offer some good resources. Left feeling Extremely disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I am suffering from narrow angle acute glaucoma and now cataracts was seeing him every three months for 5 years at the rocky view I told him I never had much success with drs and he was going to change all that for me N O T.FIRST YEAR NEVER SEEN HIS FACE did do laser to relieve presser but very short patience and QUIT going to him I guess he feels he is too intelligent and people should bow down to him and accept his SNIDE remarks if I have to go without and go BLIND SO BE IT HE IS AN --- I wouldn't send my DOG TO him he did do one thing for me and that was to show me it's all MONEY and he doesn't even know your name GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDDENS MR KNOW IT ALL DO NOTHING FOR ME

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Greatly apreciated ALL the support I received from Dr Crichton and his Staff. Sure is nice to know we have a knowledgeable eye doctor (in his field) when we need one. Sometimes wish I could spend more with him, getting explainations, but he is a busy man. DR.Chrichton will take the time to answer all questions if only you ask them! Let,s all when we visit his office (if possible) try to keep the flow going, cause it sure is nice when we can get in on short notice which we all need at times.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015