Ratings for Dr. Andrew Crichton

Nonexistent bedside manner. Severely lacking in professionalism. Can't comment on his knowledge because he certainly didn't impart any. Did not answer my questions, too busy trying to make a quick exit after dropping a very unexpected and upsetting bombshell w/ absolutely no empathy. Had to squeeze him for info and he appeared very irritated at being asked anything. If he's good, it's definitely difficult to tell because he hides it well. Left feeling very confused, upset and much worse than when I came in. It's too bad because if his skills are excellent they are preempted my a total lack of bedside manner and communication skills, thus making them virtually not evident. A really good dr cares about his patient enough to impart information in a clear, concise and meaningful way and in amanner which is compassionate and makes a very unpalatable diagnosis much easier to digest/stomach, particular.y if he were to take the time to thoroughly explain things, answer questions or even offer some good resources. Left feeling Extremely disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I am suffering from narrow angle acute glaucoma and now cataracts was seeing him every three months for 5 years at the rocky view I told him I never had much success with drs and he was going to change all that for me N O T.FIRST YEAR NEVER SEEN HIS FACE did do laser to relieve presser but very short patience and QUIT going to him I guess he feels he is too intelligent and people should bow down to him and accept his SNIDE remarks if I have to go without and go BLIND SO BE IT HE IS AN --- I wouldn't send my DOG TO him he did do one thing for me and that was to show me it's all MONEY and he doesn't even know your name GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDDENS MR KNOW IT ALL DO NOTHING FOR ME

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Greatly apreciated ALL the support I received from Dr Crichton and his Staff. Sure is nice to know we have a knowledgeable eye doctor (in his field) when we need one. Sometimes wish I could spend more with him, getting explainations, but he is a busy man. DR.Chrichton will take the time to answer all questions if only you ask them! Let,s all when we visit his office (if possible) try to keep the flow going, cause it sure is nice when we can get in on short notice which we all need at times.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Greatly apreciated ALL the support I received from Dr Crichton and his Staff!!!!! On the "bedside manner" comments, I found if I took the time to ask questions (and smile) he was very accommodating with his responses and I greatly appreciated that!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

As a seasoned eye patient, I know an excellent doctor when I come across one. Dr Crichton falls into the exceptional category. Cannot say enough good things about himm

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I've seen Dr Crichton several times and found him to be a great example of expertise and professionalism. One visit was due to a tiny object lodged in my daughter's eye and other visits were for a high intraocular pressure reading in my eye. I just felt relief and confidence that I was getting the best care available. I didn't get any hugs, but my daughter and I can see just fine.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Special Doctor in Cataracts surgery . Staff is very cooperative.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

I have had Dr. Crichton as my doctor since 2002 and I agree with most comments, and that he is not interested in answering your concerns (even though we are scared about the problems we are having with our eyes). Unfortunately, he is one that takes advantage of the system of seeing more patience’s equals more money. He is also keen on booking regular visual field tests so he can charge for his equipment he owns to Alberta Health system. I am offended by someone’s Nov. 20-2013 comment that some people take their eyes for granted (eluding to that it is their fault they have bad eyes and have to see Dr. Crichton). For your info, people don't cause Glaucoma.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

This Docter practises assembly line medicine. Patients are in and out of his office with as little interaction as possible between him and his patients. He is not interested in answering questions regarding treatment, conditions, nor educating patients regarding glaucoma. He had a condescending attitude and asked if I ever used the internet because I should just research glaucoma on my own time. Well, I do use the internet especially review of service sites! And Dr Crichton does not get a very good review! Suggestions: place tv screens in office with large print giving info about glaucoma, have staff email info to patients about glaucoma, treatments available, have tech staff talk to patients about treatments. Take a course on Docter / patient communication, take a break and think about what practicing medicine should look like and how you can improve your performance. I can't comment on his knowledge or professional skills because we didn't see them.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Highly competent with poor "bedside" manner. Heather, his assistant, however more that compensates with her knowledge, patience and compassion. I recommend Dr. Creighton, but do not feel comfortable addressing my concerns with hom.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2013