Ratings for Dr. Andrew Crichton

Given the high demand for his services, Dr Crichton does an excellent job of balancing thoughtful patient care with necessary efficiency. The front-desk staff is sometimes abrupt, and I would welcome some eye contact or even a smile when I go for a visual field exam! But this is a busy office providing absolutely vital service to a vast number of people. I'm so grateful for the level of skill and medical knowledge we have access to through Dr. Crichton and his staff and colleagues.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I saw Dr. Crichton today and after reading previous "Rate your MD "comments I was rather apprehensive but always prefer to make my own judgements. I am glad i did. He was personable, perhaps sensing my fear about the reason I was there, but did the tests, quickly, efficiently and made my stress level drop within minutes. I have only good things to say about him. After going through years of taking my mum to clinics for her macular degeneration, which was like an assembly line, the system in this office was a breeze. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

A family member went to see Dr. Crichton regarding eye pain. Although he made the appropriate referral to a retinal specialist his bedside manner was atrocious. After being questioned regarding the nature of the problem we were told to "go home and google it". I find this unprofessional and certainly not in the patients best interest. He was unwilling to provide even the most basis information and empathy. We left feeling disgusted with his attitude and his lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Nonexistent bedside manner. Severely lacking in professionalism. Can't comment on his knowledge because he certainly didn't impart any. Did not answer my questions, too busy trying to make a quick exit after dropping a very unexpected and upsetting bombshell w/ absolutely no empathy. Had to squeeze him for info and he appeared very irritated at being asked anything. If he's good, it's definitely difficult to tell because he hides it well. Left feeling very confused, upset and much worse than when I came in. It's too bad because if his skills are excellent they are preempted my a total lack of bedside manner and communication skills, thus making them virtually not evident. A really good dr cares about his patient enough to impart information in a clear, concise and meaningful way and in amanner which is compassionate and makes a very unpalatable diagnosis much easier to digest/stomach, particular.y if he were to take the time to thoroughly explain things, answer questions or even offer some good resources. Left feeling Extremely disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I am suffering from narrow angle acute glaucoma and now cataracts was seeing him every three months for 5 years at the rocky view I told him I never had much success with drs and he was going to change all that for me N O T.FIRST YEAR NEVER SEEN HIS FACE did do laser to relieve presser but very short patience and QUIT going to him I guess he feels he is too intelligent and people should bow down to him and accept his SNIDE remarks if I have to go without and go BLIND SO BE IT HE IS AN --- I wouldn't send my DOG TO him he did do one thing for me and that was to show me it's all MONEY and he doesn't even know your name GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDDENS MR KNOW IT ALL DO NOTHING FOR ME

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Greatly apreciated ALL the support I received from Dr Crichton and his Staff. Sure is nice to know we have a knowledgeable eye doctor (in his field) when we need one. Sometimes wish I could spend more with him, getting explainations, but he is a busy man. DR.Chrichton will take the time to answer all questions if only you ask them! Let,s all when we visit his office (if possible) try to keep the flow going, cause it sure is nice when we can get in on short notice which we all need at times.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Greatly apreciated ALL the support I received from Dr Crichton and his Staff!!!!! On the "bedside manner" comments, I found if I took the time to ask questions (and smile) he was very accommodating with his responses and I greatly appreciated that!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

As a seasoned eye patient, I know an excellent doctor when I come across one. Dr Crichton falls into the exceptional category. Cannot say enough good things about himm

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I've seen Dr Crichton several times and found him to be a great example of expertise and professionalism. One visit was due to a tiny object lodged in my daughter's eye and other visits were for a high intraocular pressure reading in my eye. I just felt relief and confidence that I was getting the best care available. I didn't get any hugs, but my daughter and I can see just fine.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Special Doctor in Cataracts surgery . Staff is very cooperative.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015