Ratings for Dr. Jan Prasad

Gives plenty of time to answer all questions. Good sense of humor. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I have never been so poorly taken care of. First visit and he didn't even listen to my heart, didn't listen to my problem, even tho I had been referred by GP and was very brusque and rude. Never see him again.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I have seen Dr. Prasad every 6 months for the past 3 years. He is the only doctor that I trust. He answers all my questions in a professional way and would highly recommend Dr. Prasad.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Performed a procedure to remove fluid from the sac that sits around the heart. His follow up later that evening was veryrude, degrading to me as he never introduced himself to me and his response to a question I had was "Sweetheart I told you that...". He argued with my fiance and I to the point that my fiance's heart rate was out of control and causing the monitors to go haywire from his heart rate rising. And, this was all immediately after the procedure. He had very poor bedside manner, never came to speak to us before the procedure. I would never go to this doctor nor would never recommend him. He should not be a doctor!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Fine doctor. Tells the truth. Is very willing to work with you. Straight forward with patient about diet, weight, exercise. Doesn't mince words. Llikes to establish a human relationship with patients. Bright, cheerful, family man.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

I began working with Dr. Prasad after I had a heart attack and was treated by another Doctor in the practice. He is polite and to the point so far has answered all my question, did a 3rd stent proceedure. Overall a good guy. My only complaint is he needs to get a watch and meet appointment times, my last appointment I waited an hour and half to be seen. So besure to bring reading material to the waiting room.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

When not trying to impress me with his medical prowess and how many orthopedic surgeons he had played golf with, he was busy trying to sell me on the merits of a stress test (I had the impression that he had an interest in the testing facility). He never looked at my data sheet that I filled out and never questioned past medical problems until I brought them up. Too full of himself with no regard for Doctor patient relationship.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2008

Dr. Prasad is an obviously uber-competant Cardiologist. Only problem I had - Dr./Patient communication. I chose to leave the care of Dr. Prasad when he became annoyed with questions I would ask - (...if my ejection fraction is impaired, wonder why my blood pressure is high?) This question was answered with "...what medical school did you graduate from?". Our last meeting ended with his admonishment - "...from now on, when you come here - I talk, you listen." I didn't go back.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008