Ratings for Dr. Donald E. Paxton

I was looking for a new primary care and was recommended to him. I had brought all my history expecting him to review it. He told me he didn't have the time to do that nor interest. He said acupuncture, chiropractic and whole grain eating was 'a bunch of c r a p' and that it reminded him of his wife. "It's just a placebo. You have hear of a placebo right?" Then he told me because I had been referred to so many doctors for a pain condition that I was "opinionated, obese and in pain" and because of that he was probably not the doctor to help me. Wow - he was right I will not be seeing him again.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

If the previous pt had been proactive, he/she would have known what their insurance covered, or they could have asked the staff before going for the first visit. Dr. Paxton is very thorough, hence the paperwork.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Don't waist your time. This doctor was supposed to be accepting new patients. I made an appointment and they sent me the many pages of info to fill out before the first visit. I filled all the paperwork out, then they ran my insurance. When they found out my insurance would only cover 70%, they told me to find a different doctor. The day before my appointment! I've already been waiting weeks to be seen!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Dr. Donald E. Paxton's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

MSP/BC Med