Ratings for Dr. Diego H. Calonje

I was diagnosed with a retinal pucker in my right eye. While in Europe this past summer my vision in that eye worsened. When I arrived home I made an appointment with Dr. Calonje and I decided to have the surgery to repair it. Best decision I ever made . My vision has improved and continues to do so every day. I am ver pleased with him and the surgical results.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Calonje is as nice a pie and apparently a good clinician. But not in my case. Back in 04 I was diagnosed by him as having a macular pucker. It didn't really impair my vision, but Dr. Calonje said he'd fix it. I WAS NOT TOLD that the surgery was elective, nor that I ran the risk of chronic uveitis (eye infection) as a result of surgery. So...four surgeries later, including a failed attempt to fix another macular problem (which attempt resulted in a torn and detached retina), I now have a scarred cornea, a damaged retina, my eyes don't "fuse," and the eye he operated on is virtually useless. In the course of nearly two years of treatment, I was assured things were getting better. When they didn't, he dumped me on another opthalmologist, saying couldn't do any more for me. So my right eye vision, good but not perfect when I first saw Dr. Caljone, is now ruined. Be sure you find out if any surgery he recommends is elective.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2011

Dr. Calonje and his staff are available for our family whenever we hve questions or need to be seen. He performed emergency surgery on our family member and saw us the following morning which was a Saturday. His ongoing care and concern for his patient give us confidence in stating that you will not find another physician who is is truly concerned and you never feel like just another patient.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

This Doctor truly cares for his patients needs,answers all questions and is very helpful in terms of on-going care.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

Dr. Diego H. Calonje's Credentials

• German

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)