Ratings for Dr. Herbert Sacks

I filed a complaint against this man with the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons. He crossed so many lines and had the nerve to try send me to his psychologist wife. This man is offensive in so many ways, and he's a terrible doctor to boot.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I must say, I thought I was the only one who felt violated by this Doctor. I injured my knee and I came in to request a referral for a CT scan on my knee as I get one annually. Typically I have no problem getting one from any doctor, but when I saw Dr. Sacks, he said he isn't giving me one until he does a full check up on me. He made me do the "turn your head and cough" checkup while I stood there extremely uncomfortable and unprepared for that type of a checkup. only to find out he won't give me a CT scan and that there was nothing wrong with my knee.... when I finally found myself another family doctor, I requested my file to be transferred from Dr. Sacks's clinic to my knew one, only to find out he never documented any physical checkup on me. I felt extremely violated and explained my situation to my new doctor and he said if I don't feel comfortable doing another physical, he won't do it. Of course I've gotten physicals done again, but you have to get yourself mentally prepared for something like that! don't recommend this man to even scrub your toilet, he's that disgusting! I almost think someone should bring this up to someone as I honestly think he uses his position to see people naked. I've read a few reviews where he requests patients to take off their clothes for visits that don't require a person to undress.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Absolutely disgusting that this man is practicing medicine. Met him in the emergency room, and he was already nasty before he even introduced himself. He was obnoxious, unsympathetic, couldn't even tell me a thing about the drug he was prescribing, and made snap judgements without asking me even the most basic questions. He had preconceived notions of what my problem was before he even came in the door. He had no interest in anything I had to say, only wanted me to answer his questions, none of my own insights into my own issue. When I volunteered an opinion regarding my own care, he told me that I was micromanaging, and told my husband that I was "difficult" and "confrontational"! I came to him in crisis seeking help for a very personal matter, and left there feeling like there was no help for me.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

This doctor needs a doctor. I wasn't even there as a patient of his, but assistance to a senior patient of his and he had the nerve to start asking ME personal questions and got very snippy and rude with me when I put him in his place!He focused more on me then his own patient, which he didn't seem to care to know much about! I stormed out of the room and told his secretary what I just experienced. When I asked her how many complaints she received about him, she replied, "Would you like to see the list"! A totally bizarre experience to say the least!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I visited this Doctor once as mine was away. I found him to be ok. He was very humorous and kind. I have no hesitation in recommending him as a family Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

This person was a locum for my Dr. I was the fourth person in for the day but had to wait over an hour and a half to see him. He insisted on getting a full history from me including where I worked (all of which was available on my file). All I needed was a perscription for an eye infection. He did not wash his hands after handling the infected eye, then touched the healthy eye. I would rather wait a day in emerg than go back to him!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

He was rude and obnoxious, his tone was condescending, and he wouldnt look me in the eyes. When I asked for a req for some blood work, he yelled at me and said, I do not take orders from my patient, that is not how I work", (last time I checked, I had a right over my health)...However he did send me to a specialist. We did overhear him talking to a group of African women and he said, "If you cant speak English, dont live in Canada, go back to whereever!". I will not be going back to him.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

This doc was filling in while my family doc was out of town. I came in for a refill on anti-anxiety meds I take. Was irritated at waiting so damn long to see him and he noticed, telling me I was a "very angry young woman." ??! He made ignorant character judgments on the basis of a 5-minute interaction. Instead of just giving me the meds, which I've been on for a year, he went on a diatribe about the importance of me staying on it while pregnant and booked me an appointment with a psychiatrist and asked me to come in for therapy with HIM before that. I'm all for counseling - I'm not ashamed of my depression - but he ranted about the importance of me not feeling ashamed for 20 min. And very condescending, at that. Ugh! I'm not a particularly angry person in general and I resent being treated like a headcase. I'd never see this man again! He's freakin' weird.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

This doctor is a unprofessional, unethical man. Rude not pleasant and should be retired. I moved to Edmonton and was looking for a doctor and went to see Dr. Sacks. I was there 3 and half hours he came in and left again and then returned and left again for the 3 hours that I was there. He asked several personal questions about my families careers, which for one I didn't go in to talk about my family I was there for me. Then he discussed his son, and then told me my spouse was in to see him a couple days back which he wasn't and went into detail about this person's info like I needed to know that. Which wasn't any of my business. I started crying due to the accusations that he made about me and this man didn't know me from adam. Then prescribed me antidepressants and told me to go to a psychiatrist at the U. Then told me to leave after cornering me in his office when I wanted to leave the first time. I went in to see if I was pregnant and get told I depressed with not test ever done

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

He is extremely rude; and actually commented on my underwear once ! He did help me by recommending the right specialist for me, so I'll always be greatful for that. However, I started taking my daughter to him and his treatment of her is what pushed me over the edge. I can handle his lousy behaviour, but I won't subject my teenage child to it. Wait times are completely unacceptable, and his lack of compassion and caring is incredible. The only reason I kept going to him was that he kept trying to figure out what was wrong, when i don't think anybody else would. Too bad he drives you away with his rude behaviour. Needless to say, I am searching for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2010