Ratings for Dr. Ali Ghafouri

Luckiest day of my life was finding Ali Ghafouri, MD, FACS. I tripped and fell in my backyard at home and suffered a severe injury to my right eye. At the emergency room a on call specialist was called in and it was determined that I had suffered a inferior orbital fracture of my right eye socket which would require major surgery to repair. The doctor who treated me at the emergency room performed the required surgery and I assumed all was complete. However after numerous follow up appointments it was determined that I would need another major surgery to repair my right lower eyelid which was still grossly misshaped. After listening to the proposed procedure to correct this eyelid I felt that something wasn’t right about this second major surgery. It was at this point I decided I needed a second opinion. I began searching the internet and found eyelidsurgeries.com and Dr. Ghafouri. On my first appointment Dr. Ghafouri listened to my history of this accident and what had been performed and what was proposed in the second major surgery. Dr. Ghafouri explained that this was not the correct procedure to correct my eyelid. His explanation was concise, thorough and easy to understand. I immediately changed doctors because Dr. Ghafouri has performed this procedure thousands of times over the years. Dr. Ghafouri performed my second surgery and all went well. As the months went by with numerous follow up appointments I listened carefully to his instructions and followed them to the letter. Today was my last visit to Dr. Ghafouri because my recovery is complete. There is absolutely no evidence I ever had an accident or any surgeries at all. I look exactly as I did before the accident. I have no recurring symptoms what so ever. The luckiest day of my life was finding Dr. Ghafouri. Michael C.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

My entire event at this facility was pleasant. Front office is great and Dr. Ghafouri is caring and made me feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

He is agreat surgeon. He corrected another surgeon's screw up. The only one I truly trust to do surgery on me.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

He did a great job with my eyelids. Very busy, but listens and pays attention.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

Dr. Ali Ghafouri's Credentials

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Human Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1993)

MSP/BC Med