Ratings for Dr. Lorne Poon

Dr. Poon has been my family doctor since the day I was born 28 years ago. He has always provided the best medical care and advice I could ask for! He will always take the time to listen to any concerns or questions you may have. He takes very good care of everything for me from General Questions to Chest Infections and has never been inappropriate in any way. We are so lucky to have Doctor Poon and his Staff. Thank you for everything you do!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr Poon has been my MD for 30 years. He has taken on my family and has provided the best medical care and advice ever. I can't say how many times he has gotten us in on short notice and went out of his way to care for us. He has listened to my heart and lungs and never once been inappropriate. I have recommended him to many people and they have all been very happy with their care and advice. We are truly grateful and blessed to have the best medical care. For someone to make such horrible allegations against him is a disgrace.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Dr. Poon has always been a very professional and caring doctor in the short time that he has been my Doctor. He took me in as a new patient while I was pregnant and also my new little one with no questions asked. He's been my boyfriend's family doctor for years and I've always heard wonderful comments about Dr. Lorne Poon. His staff are always inviting and kind! There's barely any waiting time for appointments and I can usually get in within the same day and if not the day after. I will continue to go to his clinic with my little one for hopefully many years to come. I highly recommend Dr. Lorne Poon to anyone looking for a new family doctor!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I've known Dr. Poon since 1983. My father, husband and 4 kids all went to him for care. Only the best care given. I do BHRT with him and am healthier than ever. I once considered doing a procedure with my chin but walked into the office with cold feet. There was no pressure when I cancelled the appointment. Instead I got support and smiles from his staff. Excellent doctor, wonderful staff. Dr. Poon you can never retire, we need you!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

BEST patient advocate and you can take that to the bank! I trust him on all aspects of my health. As a Registered Nurse, I can say Dr. Poon demonstrates professionalism, advocacy, and patient centered care. He takes time to educate you on your diagnosis and options you have for care. He has taken care of me medically and cosmetically for over 10 years. It takes an hour to get to his office becuase i live across town but he is worth the traffic. I feel great and I look great. I get strangers complimenting me on how my skin glows and people always guess my age ten years younger! His staff are friendly and always welcoming. I never felt pressured to get any work done and when I did (a whole year later of thinking about it on my own) they eased me into the process when I brought it up. Dr. Poon and his team are a gem in this city. Thank you for being an incredible Doctor. We are fortunate to have you!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr.Poon is a amazing doctor he has been our family doctor for over 10 years with, he has been taking care of our family through Everything, even surgeries. He is a Amazing doctor, I am Pregnant and ready to have my baby and Dr Poon has always made feel comfortable and gave me great advise and has taken care of me through this pregnancy ( this is my first Baby ) I cant wait to bring my son to meet my doc! Just a FYI Dr Poon does not and will not grab your breasts.. Clearly your just one of those patients that is never happy

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Poon is THE best doctor I have ever had and I live in Calgary. As for the comment on Sept 21, 2017 stating “grab your breasts as he is checking your heart rate” is BS I’ve been seeing Dr. Poon for over 10 years and he has NEVER grabbed my breasts when checking my heart rate or tried to sell me anything he always makes you feel that you and your health is important. I believe your just fishing around and you should stop sullying a good doctor who cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Poon was very upbeat and friendly. His bedside manner and expertise made me feel very confident in the care I was given

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Great doctor. I feel sorry for him though---unfortunate last name though...

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Reading these reviews and I came across one posted in July 2017 stating he refused to accept a child as a new patient. I have to call BS on that one I simply don't believe you. Dr. Poon would never refuse to see a child. You will never convince me differently and I'm a sceptic. I've known the man for decades and have never heard something this outlandish. I believe you are just trolling and you should stop slandering a good man and an excellent Doctor. If you would like to get together and discuss this further let me know and I will see what I can do.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. Lorne Poon's Credentials

• University of Alberta (Grad. 1979)