Ratings for Dr. John F. Romanelli

Had a very serious complication from cataract surgery because of his negligence and the machinery at st Catherine's. My eye is permanently damaged and have to use expensive eye drop. Never heard from him and had to go to another and have another surgery to remove debris left. Stay away!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I will not be returning to Dr. Romanelli's office. I had an 8:25 am appointment. I showed up promptly and signed in. I did not have my driver's license nor my insurance card. I had seen Dr. Romanelli last year and did not think I needed them each time (this is not a policy in my other doctors' offices). I was refused the opportunity to keep my appointment because I did not have a driver's license or my insurance card, even though none of that information has changed in the last year. I offered to pay cash for my appointment ($350.00) but was still denied service. As a diabetic and a full time professional who can only make Saturday appointments, I find this treatment inappropriate and unnecessary. If they only take returning patients with a driver's license and insurance card, they need to say that when the person makes the appointment. I had even called to check on my appointment and no one in Dr. Romanelli's office told me about having to bring in this sort of paperwork. If they had, I would have. I am disappointed in the lack of accommodation that Dr. Romanelli might have made. As noted, I will not be returning to this office.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

My sister and I , have been patients of Dr. Romanelli since approx 1991. This is a doctor who is not only highly educated( Harvard Grad) but who is very humble and also, extremely patient in his approach to your questions and concerns. He takes the time to explain things and is not at all an alarmist. He gives you his honest opinion about certain procedures and brands of products( ie: contacts, types of eye glass lenses,optical retailers, etc) We have never had a long wait but then, we try to get early morning appts because it is a busy practice. Despite having a lot of patients, he still manages to provide quality care and finds the time to call patients back. He is a true patient advocate and we highly recommend this great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

Dr. Romanelli is one of the smartest doctors I've ever used. He is not an alarmist and takes his time to explain any eye issue you might have. I have complete confidence in him and I've been going to him for the past five years.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

I've seen Dr.Romanelli and all the above comments I so agree with! Dr. Morris is the other doctor in that office whom I see often. He is just as good. Very patient, doesn't rush you out, and knowledgable. I see both of them.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

very good doctor, very caring, listens to your problems does not rush you, and is very thorough.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

The most wonderful,kind opthomologist. Quick, to the point and entirely professional. i give him the top reccomendation.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

Dr. Romanelli is a consummate professional. He is Harvard educated and it shows. He and his entire office staff run a very professional, compassionate and respectful practice. He personally explains everything in advance, does it well and has what I would classify as excellent "bedside manner". What a great Doctor!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2007

Excellent doctor who is a real patient advocate.Takes his time to cover your inquiries and concerns. I wish all doctors showed the degree of compassion, care and expertise that Dr.Romanelli does. My family is very happy to have found this doctor!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

Sharp, precise, caring and personable plus a MD degree from Harvard. How can you go wrong? Answers all your questions and you don't feel rushed.He's a real treasure worth your consideration.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2004

Dr. John F. Romanelli's Credentials

• Spanish

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1987)