Ratings for Dr. Edwin Urovitz

recently had repair of torn shoulder tendon. great job. he explains everything and show a caring attitude. highly recommended

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

I had a toe fusion done on my right big toe about a year and a half ago. Still to this day my foot is still in pain and my toe is not flat on the floor. I found he had terrible bedside manners and very quick in his talk. In my opinion, I would never go back to him, or recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Urovitz is an exceptional doctor who operated on my hip and gave me the ability to walk again. He's helpful and conscientious. Thank you so much from a very grateful patient!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Super knowledgeable and skilled surgeon! Cannot thank him enough!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I went for an independent medical exam from my insurer. Although I had reservations, this doctor was extremely fair and thorough in his report. His recommendations helped me recover from my car accident. If your insurer requests you attend an orthopedic surgeon after you have been in a car accident- try to get seen by Dr. Urovitz

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Over a period of 5 years I have had both hips replaced and shoulder surgery, all performed by Dr. Urovitz. He hasn't got the greatest bedside manner but he is straight and to the point. He has no problem in answering any of your questions or concerns but will not sit and "chit chat" with a patient. I found him to be very professional and more than capable. I would not hesitate to recommend or use his services.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

my older sister had recent knee replacement by Dr Urovitz. great result. she can walk again and has regained her independence.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Saw this doctor twice for severe shoulder and arm pain, cant sleep at nights. On the first visit he gave me a cortisone shot and said that should take care of it but the pain was still there after two months so went back on a second visit and he said that I had bursitis and there was nothing more that he could do, couldn't believe my ears but he was short and abrupt. On both visits he never laid a hand on me to examine the painful areas of my body, so I left with the pain still in my arms and no idea on what to do next. maybe he is a great doctor to some but he left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

I am grateful to this day that I can continue long distance running after I required ankle surgery due to a ski accident and followed by the incorrect handling from another surgeon and cast technician. Even though he was very busy, he sensed my parents were concerned and quickly came over to reassure them. I was glad to finally be in the hands of the right person.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

He's Good at what he does. But Has very little bedside manner. Also he physically tossed the xRays across the room we brought in. (This is not the only time he did that, did the same thing to a friend). He doesn't like other people's XRays. "He does his own." So you'll need to be zapped twice. Glad everyone pays extra taxes for that! Again. He is good. Just needs to learn bedside manners.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015