Ratings for Dr. Robert Narvaiz

I took my son to a fancy Psyquiatrist before and he just diagnosed Depression in five minutes. Later on when I went to Dr. Narvaiz he asked the right questions to my son and diagnosed Bi-polar disorder and gave him the right medication, I am grateful he had the knowledge and cared about his patient.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

This man is very rude. After turning him in to my insurance company he lied to them when they contacted him. Would never recommend him not even to my enemy

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

good experience spending time to evaluate proper medication an being carefull with controlled substance

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Front office was old and had hard rock music REALLY loud...kind of stressful to people who don't like that music. No computers, so office seemed very unorganized. Front office person was very sweet. NEVER answers his phone or returns phone calls...even when it's an emergency. All this happened before even meeting him. Spent a lot of time with my daughter...after waiting 45 minutes in his office with nobody else in there. Was wearing jeans and a dirty shirt, and his office was messy. Was very condescending and rude to my daughter. Most things he said may have been true, but the "bed side manner" was very inappropriately communicated. After keeping us a long time, I mentioned I was concerned of the people who were waiting in his waiting area and he said "This is a drs office, if you don't wait...something is wrong. They can wait all day. I'll see them eventually". That just showed me how much he doesn't care about his patient's and their time. We will not be going back to him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I wouldn't recommend him at all. He's a pretentious jerk who continuously went on about the amount of schooling he's had and all the people who have thanked him for helping them. He's condescending and should not be dealing with people in vulnerable situations. The therapist I went to see after him said he is the only psychiatrist that she crosses his name off the list of suggestions to all of her patients because she's heard nothing but awful things about him. That is name is an immediate red flag.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

furnishings old, staff great. really inconvient that he only accepts cash and they have no computers. doctor less than great. doesnt take the time to get to know patient. every appointment he looks like he is going golfing, not to work. also makes up excuses as to why he cant write a 90 day prescription telling me its agaist the law when every other doc ive had that prescribed this med can do it, only reason i had to move to him was insurance change

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK DR NARVAIZ FOR HIS HELP.HE WAS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND KING AND SPENT A LOT OF TIME WITH ME,,,,

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

I liked Dr. Narvaiz. He is very knowledgable and has a genuine interest in my daughter. He doesn't rush. Each time we have seen him we were there over 30 minutes which is good for a psych doc.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Well, this was our first visit. He didn't want to adjust meds yet, he wanted feedback from my son's teacher, and he opened my eyes to some stuff. We see him again tomorrow.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

he took one look at me and said you will take this this, and this, because you are depressed. and when i tryed and tryed to tell him it was screwing with my head he says keep taking it. after a couple weeks i ask to get off and he wouldnt even let me ask for the opportunity to switch or get off

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Robert Narvaiz's Credentials

• Univ Of Nm Sch Of Med, Albuquerque Nm 87131 (Grad. 1992)