Ratings for Dr. Philip C. Kaczar

Dr. Kaczar is excellent. However, his front office staff leave a lot to be desired. 1) I have Medicaid thru HealthNet. Imagine my shock to receive a bill from Dr. Kaczar's office for 2 office visits! I spent a great deal of time on the phone with HealthNet, and both times I was put on hold while the HealthNet rep tried to contact their billing department to confirm my coverage. Both times they were unavailable due to very limited hours. It then fell back upon me to contact their billing department to tell them to resubmit any claims. You'd think they could just pick up the phone and try to contact HealthNet themselves to confirm coverage, but obviously it's easier to inconvenience their patients by sending bills the patient isn't responsible for paying. 2) Trying to get a prescription refilled this past week has been difficult , as the pharmacy couldn't reach anyone at the Dr.'s office. So I called the Dr.'s office to ask if they could simply call the refill in to the pharmacy. The person I spoke to was very rude, said their fax has been down, etc., and obviously couldn't care less about my request, as it's now 4 days later and my prescription still hasn't been refilled. I just contacted the pharmacy to try again. In short, Dr. Kaczar is a great doctor -- I really like him as a physician. His office staff, however, ain't so hot!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Cares about your concerns, listens and provides clear expainations. Prompt ... returns phone calls

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

By far one of the best GP's I've had. He will actually take the time to answer your questions and actually engage in a discussion. He accepts that as a patient I do in fact have some knowledge about my own medical history and concerns, and will politely (and usually persuasively) explain his clinical opinion and fill in gaps in my knowledge or assumptions. He works with you and your insurance to find the cheapest meds. He is prompt to respond to med refill requests from the pharmacy. The staff are always nice and have a good sense of humor. The only downfall is that it sometimes takes a while to get in to see him, I'm assuming because he is popular with patients.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Philip C. Kaczar's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)