Ratings for Dr. Barbara A. Berry

I have been seeing Dr. Berry for the past 4 years. I am a nurse and after years of her not paying attention or feeling like I am asking the world for a prescription for a simple urinary tract infection, I AM DONE! I have had back problems for years and this flare up has been pretty bad. I explained to her about the non-medication interventions I have been doing for the last week. I asked her for a prescription for a muscle relaxer since I haven't had very much results with everything else. She made me feel like I was a drug seeker for asking for a muscle relaxer ( the last time I have ever asked her for a controlled substance was in 2011 after a car accident that helped to wreck my back even more...) Anyone who knows me, knows I barely take aleve for pain. I am beyond offended and I AM DONE! I would not recommend her to anyone! She really needs to retire because her work definitely shows how much she doesn't care about her patients or their well being.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Berry for several years based on a recommendation from an acquaintance. The past three years, I have felt as though something is missing. She is very nice but is not attentive to detail or thorough enough for me. (Last visit she forgot to give order for annual mammogram. She called in a prescription that I cannot take with penicillin allergy - pharmacist caught it. Also, had nurse call with blood test results that did not make sense.) I believe she really wants to retire and does not have her heart in her work. (She did try to semi-retire a couple of years ago but the person taking over her practice did not work out.) I am looking for another doctor which is why I found this site.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

19yr.old sexually active F-presents with pain/swelling & redness in groin w/sm.pimple. Dr.does not run series of std's but instead says"it's a pustule nothing to worry about" 5days later full blown HSV. Dr.then does cx writes rx with no further info. Did not do history. Did not give literature or discuss options or treatment. Pt.called office to find out what to do and the nurse said "about what? having safe sex?" Very incompetent in the field of std's. Should have referred to GYN.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Barbara A. Berry's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1979)