Ratings for Dr. Robert Mascarin

Awesome Doctor! would recommend to anyone who wants a fantastic Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Our family have been seeing Dr. M since 2008. Dr. M is OK, he works hard and calls you at home for any test result. Wait time used to be ridiculous but has improved over time. Now it is no longer an issue. I was surprised to see solicitation for new patients in my last two visits. I think it has something to do with the staff of Lakeshore Medical Group. They turn patients off. They never smile; they make you wait and never acknowledge you while they are on the phone; they don't answer their phone and make you listen to a full minute of recording. Their lab clinic is worse. The woman there makes you wait until lunch time is approaching, then suddenly she can clear the whole room within 15 minutes. I see improvement lately though and hope that it would last. Overall, I wish Dr. M would leave this Lakeshore Medical Group. I have no problem with him, just his office.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Amazing Doctor. He has been our family Physician for 18 years, my children adore him, he is very knowledgeable and caring. He follows up promptly and thoroughly. I would not want a different family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Staff is not friendly. Dr. Mascarin needs to warm up a bit. He is distant and I have to really ask the questions to get the info I am looking for. Not very reassuring!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

He has been our doctor for over 30 years, great doctor, but the staff is terrible !

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Terrible admin staff, but Dr. Mascarin himself is fine.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Mascarin has been our family physician since he started at the Lakeshore clinic. I have nothing but praise for him. He is knowledgeable, caring, friendly and available. Because he is good he is busy and one has to wait at times. Staff service and attitude has improved over the years – some of the complaints mentioned previously must have been acted on.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. Mascarin is a spectacular Doctor. For all the challenges life has thrown at him, he has maintained his passion, compassion, thoroughness. Over the years you get to know more of a persons history, provided they will let you in. To find a Dr. that is willing to let you 'in' is pretty neat. Sure his staff can be surly, but I think that has to do with 'volume', some of which comes from their attempt to fit emergencies in on a daily basis. That is where the wait/delay often comes from. Agree though, that being on time to only wait another hour is more than frustrating, but having been one of the 'squeeze' in appt's I am now able to be a little more patient. I went from a 5yr long patient with only a few pages in my file to a 8yr patient with a very think folder, so I got to experience all sides of Dr M. My very 1st opinion of him may have been that he seemed a bit standoffish/cold or indifferent, but that quickly evolved to a caring physician. (even-though the odd appt. he still seems consumed with some other thought) He doesn't default to drugs, but also isn't afraid to prescribe them, and he NEVER makes you feel like most doctors do with 'shaming' you if you ask for pain-meds. He will council you on smoking, but again, not get verbally abusive. Once a routine of meds work, he then will ask how you 'feel' and whether or not 'you' want to change or try something else other than meds. (Drug seekers need not apply though, he is wily and sees through the fakers. :) ) RUN don't walk to see if Dr. Mascarin can be you personal or family doctor... (NOTE: I am in NO WAY involved, related, engaged or employed by Dr. M... I have had many doctors through my health issues, and feel I can very comfortably recommend this one as being top 1% of family physicians.)

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Brutal office staff - very inefficient and extremely hard to get a hold of. Not worth the visit.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr. Mascarin is a very punctual and helpful doctor. He has a great knowledge of family medicine practice. Helps you with explains and explains clearly how you can recover properly.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014