Ratings for Dr. Patrick Di Fonzo

Was a fantastic doctor...I'll never find another one like him.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Yes, Dr. DiFonzo kept patients waiting for hours and was brusque and sometimes downright rude; however, I found him to be very knowledgeable and, more importantly, understanding of chronic pain and the legitimate need for medication. Unfortunately this seems to be rare among doctors. I just found out that Dr. DiFonzo died recently, and many people will miss him.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Dr. Patrick DiFonzo passed away on April 19, 2010. May God Rest His Soul.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

A three hour wait is par for the course. I have good insurance and could go elsewhere, but I don't, because this doctor is one-of-a-kind. He takes as much time as he needs (hence the wait), and his diagnoses are always spot on. His manner is sometimes brusque, but I find him kind, caring and more knowledgeable than any other doctor I've visited in my 52 years. That said, I agree there is absolutely no excuse for keeping your patients waiting for 3 hours, no matter how lousy your time management skills are. I bring a laptop or something to read, and it works just fine.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

I had to sit in Dr. DiFonzo's waiting area for well over an hour and then another hour sitting in his exam room. When he came in, he asked me why I was there. I told him I had a stomach ache for over 2 days and I told him I get migraines. He made fun of my stomach ache and asked me if I had something against Pepto Bismol. He asked me what I wanted him to do about it. I told him I'M NOT THE DOCTOR! He then went on to tell me maybe I was abducted by aliens! You can't make this stuff up folks! He asked me a couple times what I wanted him to do about my symtoms. I finally had to TELL HIM WHAT TO DO. I told him to give me prescriptions for nausea and migrains. It was a waste of my time...over 2 hours of my life I will never get back again. He yells at patients making you feel like an idiot infront of everyone! Not a compassionate man AT ALL!!! Terrible overall experience!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

I have never been to an office where you literally have to wait three hours to get into the patient care room. Once in the patient room you will wait another hour. The Dr. yells at other patients in front of everyone. He never listens to what is wrong with you he just listens to your heart and if he thinks he can get away with billing your insurance for procedures not done he does that as well. I have caught this every month. I have to go back every month and go through a three to four hour wait just to get my prescriptions.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

I am a 54 year woman with chronic health issues who located to Tucson from the East Coast. After numerous appointments with Dr. DiFonzo, I find him to be exceptionally knowledgeable, caring, accurate & always willing to take time to explain things. When a referral was required to an orthopedist, he referred me to an outstanding orthopedist who, on the first round, diagnosed my back problem with total accuracy & is a terrific, knowledgable orthodpedist. (Doc's back East had made several attempts and came up with no accurate diagnosis.) I feel very blessed to have found Dr. DiFonzo and would recommend him (& have) without hesitation. He is a compassionate, spiritual and outstanding doctor-I'd put him up against the best in Boston any day. I find that if I go in to see a doctor with a positive attitude, precise explanation of my symptoms and the personal responsibility to question, listen and learn that Dr.DiFonzo (and others) listen, care and provide outstanding medical care.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

This physican has no time 4 his patients he complains about all other Physicans in the area claiming that they r stupid.His staff of many many medical assist.have no clue of their job responsibilties.U as them to call u back or have the doctor do so but in the end NO ONE CALLS.He doesn't hesitate to bill yr insurance for services he never does,so why is he here in Tucson ripping off people,and not caring for his people (Patients).I see no reason why he claims he cares,when he supposely went to medical school.I feel its just terrible the way he yells at people,and claims and submit insurance forms for urine tests that NEVER happen,and that I can prove..He is a disgrace to all physicans that really care for the patients and tries to do what is right for them..

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009