Ratings for Dr. David G. Johnson

good doc but have had a lot of problems between the office and my pharmacy with getting refills done. not sure if it's the office or the Banner system but it take me threatening to fire them before I'm able to get calls back and refills done. David is a good doc and has been helpful for me.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Great Endocrinologist, he explains things in detail. I am very happy to be in his care. He is currently treating me for Hypothyroidism, Diabetes, and PCOS. He is a very caring and compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Dr. Johnson is the finest doctor I've had among dozens throughout my life. He was the only one who actually read my complete medical records in my presence. He corrected years of inadequate thyroid treatment by military doctors. Unfortunately, because of military duty I could not remain his patient. After retirement, I was subjected to incorrect treatment by VA endocronologists who had me taking cholesterol drugs that put in the ER and made extremely ill a year later. My TriCare family doctor helped me get an appt with Dr. Johnson and I was so relieved to see him again. He took me off Zetia and reduced my thyroid meds. I feel so much better.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Johnson was the only doctor to see my issue ( low blood pressure ) as serious and his follow-up has been most thorough -the best !

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

It has been over 43 years since Dr. Johnson graduated medical school and he has not stayed current in his field. He is unaware of the latest medical devices for Type 1 Diabetes. Based on several office visits all he is good for is writing prescriptions, collecting insurance money for regular office visits, and biding his time toward retirement. His Sierra Vista clinic has a voice mail system because you can never reach a real person to discuss health care. Leave a message and play phone tag when you need help! Dr. David Johnson doesn't listem to his patients, which is apparent in his medical notes because everything is askew and not accurate. Go to Tucson, if you need real help from an Endocinologist. Dr. Johnson would have Diabetics using pig insulin and peeing on stones and wait for ants to arrive to diagnose Diabetes, if the patient didn't inform him we now live in the 21st century.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

After dealing with PCOS and unknowledgeable doctors for nearly a decade, Dr. Johnson was a god-send to me. He knew all about PCOS, treatment, and the toll it can take on your personal life. He was always so compassionate, caring, and understanding. Without him, I don't think I would be here today because after years of dealing with other doctors and their attitudes, I would have taken my own life. I was that out of hope. He gave me back that hope and my life. His knowledge and compassion showed me that not all doctors have to be rude idiots that can't admit when they know nothing about a condition. I honestly cannot say enough good about this man. If you have an endocrine problem, he is the man you should see first, last, and only. It broke my heart when I had to move away from him and his wonderful practice.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

I just got back from my first visit with Dr. Johnson and I am SOLD on him for my endocrinology care. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's 6 months ago. I was unhappy with my first thyroid doctor because I felt I was overtreated, and so sought a second opinion and I am SO glad I did. Dr. Johnson is extremely knowledgable, knows the entire history of testing for thyroid diseases, diagnosing, and treatments and will share all this with you. He answered all my questions in a kind and patient manner. He is also up to date on the latest diagnostic and treatment plans.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Dr. David G. Johnson's Credentials

• French

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1967)