Ratings for Dr. Norm Hechtenthal

Very helpful and considerate. He took care of my father in a supportive role and my family is most appreciative of his good work. Mike Figurski MD

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Rushing patients to be discharged without telling the patient or family the care plan. Refused to order prn or scheduled medication when the patient already had multiple seizures. Racist, rude, arrogant and disrespectful. Respond to late to pages and blame the staff afterwards.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

He is a caring and good doctor. He is very detailed. I would recommend him to friends.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Dr. Hechtenthal is very caring and extremely thorough. He takes all the time necessary to take care of any existing problems. Always checks the entire chart so knows when all tests and procedures have been done and compares them to the present results. A real pleasure to be his patient.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

I have to agree with everyone that he is rude and arrogant. Someone needs to refer him to a psychiatrist for his temper tantrums and unsual mood swings. I ended up seeing a different doctor, and it made a huge difference in patient care. He acts like a 5 year old kid, very sad.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Been seeing this dr for a number of years. His knowledge helped save my life! He was my mothers doc before she passed away. For all who thinks he lacks bedside manners; I can only share my experience with him. My mother suffered from congestive heart failure and was declined from being admitting into the hospital. After speaking with Dr. Hechtenthal, he lodged a complaint against the emerg doctor, my mom was admitted and she spent the next 10 days in the hospital prior to her death. This doctor provided the family with a sense of dignity and purpose. His knowledge is second to none and for all who think he's not personable enough, I was shown a strong sense of humanity from him that superseded his duties and responsibilities. I give him my highest recommendations.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

He might know his stuff, however he is not thorough and i believe is too dependent on what a single specialist has to say, whether they're right or wrong he takes there opinion as final and therefore will not send you for a second opinion or look into matters any further. His people skills are horrid, & can be extremely rude. He also will disagree with you, if you think you know what is wrong with you and ask him if that could be the problem even though it is the problem. That happened with me.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

He is a great Doctor! He really knows his stuff and he is very caring too. I personally believe, you could not find a better Doctor than Dr. Norman Hechtenthal!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

Okay if people rate him poorly based on his people skills then thats petty. Hes insanely smart and hes knows what hes doing 100% of the time. Ive never once had a proplem with him being my doctor and i would highly reccommend him to others. I also work with him and hes a very funny individual if you get to know him. --Hechtenthal's #1 fan =)

flag | Submitted November 26, 2008

I heart Dr. Norm Hechtenthal, He is one of the nicest people that I have ever met for all of you people that think he is rude its just that you dont understand his personality. At first when I met him I thought that he was a very rude little man but as I started to talk to him and get to know him I learned how fun he is so if you dont like him as your family physician then get a new one but I guarantee you wount find a smarter physican than him.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2008