Ratings for Dr. William A. Jacobs

Failed to recognize that I was in an acute state of anxiety and depression. Let symptoms exacerbate for several weeks before my husband finally found the right dr. for me. I feel a lot of pain and suffering could have been avoided if he was more on point . Prescribed an antidepressant without giving any info. or doing more investigation. Not very responsible doctoring... never followed up

flag | Submitted June 13, 2019

My dear sister in law trusted Dr. Jacobs and said how wonderful he was. Well, he failed to diagnose a hugh mass in her liver and renal failure. Gave her an antibotic. Never listened to her complaints. She died in February 2011. He should not be allowed to practice in Wellington. Many people I know have said he is no good. I will never ever recommend him. Read the other reviews. He is bad news and should be ashamed of himself.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Excellent manner, patient, listened to me even when I was off on a tangent. Even called personally to let me know the results of my tests.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

My father has been going to Dr. Jacobs since 2006 on many occasions. In the last 6-9 months my father has lost almost 40 lbs. yet Dr. Jacobs failed to identify the problem...my father had cancer and will die very shortly. My father told me that he told Dr. Jacobs that he was feeling very weak and couldn't eat but apparently Dr. Jacobs wasn't listening and didn't care. As far as I'm concerned Dr. Jacobs is a poor excuse for a doctor and should stop practicing medicine. CarePlus should NOT allow Dr. Jacobs to be a primary physician but they probably will continue to use his services. If you have elderly parents...steer them away from this doctor and go to a real doctor who is willing to provide them the care and medical expertise they deserve.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Dr Jacobs is a DO, HOWEVER, he does not appear to truly practice it. Will not do a spinal adjustment like many DO's. Seems to write a script for anything you ask for without questioning about possible reactions to current medications or health issues. As long as you know your stuff yourself, it is fine. He is Catholic and will not write scripts for birth control even if it is medically necessary (against the Catholic Church's beliefs). Nice enough guy though (despite our major religious differences) and does call you personally with test results which I like. Do your research on conditions and medications and tell him what you need and chances are, he will give it to you (in my experience). I cannot recommend him for people, such as the elderly, that cannot do the research themselves or those who want or need extra attention. If you are generally healthy and know your own body, he is a good doctor to go to occasionally for common problems (colds, etc.).

flag | Submitted October 16, 2007

recommendations since I was new here, took my elderly mom to him b/c she was very bloated in her abd. He said it was fat. It felt like air to me. Months later she died from flu that aggravated her COPD not his fault at all - but I learned after the fact that the bloated abdomen is an indicator of fluid collecting and should have been a flag. Fluid was noted by her ER staff and autopsy report. He was very actively interested in getting to the real diagnosis in my experience as a patient myself or mom. Later, a new insurance company requested he verify RX he gave me for anti-anxiety meds he gave me at the hospital when she died and I was freaked out. I reported on my ins. application, and he didn't remember it so he wrote them that he never wrote me the RX. How could the pharmacy have filled it then - Winn Dixie confirmed? I regret I ever took my mom to him. Nice enough guy, but I don't trust serious health care to him.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007

I find the Dr. recommends a specialsit when ever it is needed and is cheerful and also personally phones to give test results. We have been patients since 1989.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2006

Dr. William A. Jacobs's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Green Cove Springs, FL