Ratings for Dr. Chien Li

Have had him for about 7 years as a family doctor. He's impossible to get a hold of because his office is always closed due to him being on "vacation" all of the time. Never answers any of my questions and has only wanted to talk about my weight since I was about 14. I'm overweight but not obese and weight never ever was related to the issues I went to the doctor for. Told me I had polycystic ovaries but wouldn't answer any of my questions about it. never took my questions seriously, or the rest of my family's. Would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I'm in the process of looking for a new doctor. I feel like I never get examined the way I should. I have go to walk in clinics to get referrals. Since when is the new way of doctoring not touching the patients, but staring at a computer screen !

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I can't say enough good things about him or his staff. After being diagnosed with a brain aneurism he took me on as a patient when no one else would. He has been attentive, knowledgable, listens and his staff is the same. So lucky to have found him!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I went to Urgent care with a temp of 104.5 F. He sais i had " the flu" . TWO days later i was back & saw Dr. John. She confirmed i had H1N1 & Pneumonia !!! Thanks fot nothing Dr. Li !!!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

We have several arrogant and lack of compassion doctors at the Taunton Health Clinic, here in Oshawa, and I have never written a review about them as I believe in doing no harm. However I have to say that Dr. Chein Li ranks as number one for lack of interest in his patients and lacks the ability to listen to what the patient is telling him. As my family doctor was not available I had to see him at the local walk in clinic. I explained to him that I had a head cold for over three days with chest pains, excess running nose, stinging ear aches, severe headaches; it was painful to take a full breath, that I wheezing while I was breathing and coughing up brown film, and not able to sleep due to all of this. I did advise him that I have suffered from Bronchitis and Pneumonia all my life and that I suspect the cold was now in my lungs. What did the Doctor do? Listened to my chest advising me that I was wheezing. Said that! Nothing else didn’t check my throat, my ears nothing. That was it ...... I told the doctor I was going on a life’s dream to Europe in five days, could he not do anything to help the pain and stop the coughing and running nose, at a minimum stop the headaches. NO, I quote, “no matter how many bullets you put in a gun, you will always run out” SAY WHAT?? He prescribed two types of inhaler, would not do anything else. He had looked up my previous history and said I had one of the inhalers before and there are no notes of me having to comeback so it must have worked in the past. I could not remember that inhaled and told him it is very possible it didn’t work and went to another clinic if my family doctor wasn’t available (which by the ways – was exactly what happened – I never used the Breo Ellipta, had thrown it out upon the next doctor’s advice). After spending two more days in pain and unable to sleep due to ear aches and headaches, I went to see my family doctor (who is the most exception doctor and human being I have ever met). She confirmed my thoughts; I had a fever, my glands inside and around my ears were inflamed. A chest x-ray revealed I have phenomena. She was even concern for me to drive home, that’s how sick I was, upon her advice I made other arrangements for transportation home. She prescribed a strong bacterial anti-biotic and asked me to follow up with her a day before I leave for my dream vacation to make sure I was okay. Oh ya, and asked me to stop the Breo Ellipta (the one inhale Dr.Li said I had before “so therefore it must work for you”) as it doesn’t work for me and reduce the amount of the Salbutamol as it might be causing the severe headaches – as my headaches were unbearable after 24 hours of being on the two inhalers Dr. Li prescribed. Dr. Li, your unwillingness to listen to your patience and do a complete examination of potential problems is unacceptable. You may be text book smart however you lack the ability to listen to your patience and trust that they might know their own body better than you do by just looking at your clip board. Due to your lack of concern and wanting to get on to your next patient you might have cost me my savings for my dream vacation.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I have been a patient since he began his practice in Oshawa and although I live in Peterborough now I have continued to be his patient yes he is a non nonsense Dr . And that's what I like love about him ! I will give Lisa 5 stars also .

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Chien Li is a terrible family doctor. He is never thorough and is always in a rush to get the appointment over. He is extremely unwilling to provide referrals or prescriptions and even charges his patients for a simple note. I would highly recommend people not to choose him as your family doctor. I'm in the process of finding a new family doctor after several years of bad experiences with him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

He cared for my grandmother and totally dropped the ball. I brought her in for memory testing as I believed her to be suffering from dementia and memory loss (Alzheimer's) he has 3 simple questions and hey she passed! A few months later a family member robbed her of her savings... I bring my grandmother back a year later for more testing... he brings in an additional doctor and there are many more questions.... her score was brutal.... he tells me yes she has Alzheimer's... duh! Had he have properly tested her when I brought her in I would have had a leg to stand on to prove she was compromised and the police would have done more based on her diagnosis... this was told to me directly from the seniors task force. When I confronted Dr. Li he closed off, argued I was liar and stopped speaking to me. My mother took my grandmother to her next visit where he proceeded to bash me to my mother... she wasn't having any of it. He totally dropped the ball... yes I blame him

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Yup he's a blunt person but he knows his stuff! My husband, kids and I have been his patients for 5 years and I have learned that while he has a weird sense of humour he always provides reliable medical information and is very helpful if you actually listen to his recommendations and follow his directions. I have never felt as though he is a "pill pusher" or an "over tester". If you need a buddy go somewhere else, but if you are looking for sound medical advise he is a great choice.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I think Dr.Li is wonderful. I look for an intelligent physician when it comes to my health and he really knows his stuff. I believe anyone who has remained with Dr.Li for 10 years and has nothing but terrible things to put in a review is a big idiot who probaby utilizes "Dr. google" because they think they must be smarter than a degree. I find him funny and personable and more than just text book smart. He is able to explain things in a simple manner and follows up with all tests and results. I work in Healthcare myself and let's be honest.. we are all only human of which all make mistakes. As far as bedside manner I have never had an issue... I don't need to be my physicians friend I just need to know my health is taken care of properly which I am not at all concerned about. So I guess if you're looking for a push over doctor with no sense of humor and someone who beats around the bush regarding your health, Dr.Li probably isn't for you.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016