Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Theodore

I went in for a hyperhidrosis surgery and woke up with a heart surgery. Nerve damage for the rest of my life. Every night i have nightmares from this guy.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2019

I was referred to Dr. Theodore at Johns Hopkins for a second opinion, and he disagreed with another neurosurgeon's review of my imaging, stating "the buck stops with me." Yes, he actually said that. He was very condescending, and clearly annoyed with my questions. This man undeniably thinks he is God. All of the accolades appear to have gotten to his head because he is insufferable, even for the five minutes of time I saw him. Not only will I not see him, but I recommend that everyone else steer clear unless you prefer to be treated like an uneducated, meaningless peasant.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Avoid this doctor and JH. It's all about training students so Theodore likely does not do surgery himself but exploits patient trust by using them as mere training devices. Worst bedside manners ever. A narcissistic approach to leadership and patient relations. Administrative staff never returns phone calls. Facilities such as patient rooms cramped. JH and Theodore should be investigated and exposed for what they really are: a scam.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I had a thoracic fusion, by Dr Theodore in 2011. I never experienced a day of normalcy after he butchered my spine. I'm now facing a revision surgery to clean up the mess he made on my spine. He is an narcissistic arrogant condensensing man, who is rude an disrespectful of his patients. Avoid this surgeon at all costs!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I can not say enough good things about Dr Nicholas Theodore. He gave me a second chance to walk again and enjoy my life. Around June of 2016, I found out that I had an atypical hemangioma tumor on my T4 and very close to spinal cord. I live in Los Angeles and I went to all the top hospitals and neurosurgeons around me. Neurosurgeons either did not want to operate on me or they did not have the expertise since the operation was extremely life threatening , rare, and complicated. Therefore, I started to contact all the major hospitals in the nation. Dr Theodore was the only doctor who responded to my email in less than 12 hours. After submitting all my records to him, he contacted me personally and answered all my questions in detail over the phone. Dr Theodore is a nationally renowned neurosurgeon. He delivered whatever he promised to me before the surgery and I am extremely satisfied and grateful with his operation. After operation was done, on the third day I started walking. I find Dr Theodore to be an exceptional surgeon and outstanding individual. The compassion and kindness he offered me makes him truly a " real human being" in every sense of the word. After the operation he visited me several times both in hospital and while I was going through rehab. I also have a debt of gratitude to Johns Hopkins hospital and its worldly renowned staff for superb care I received after my operation. Also I like to extend my gratitude to Dr Theodore's assistant Julie Zeuch who facilitated my trip to Baltimore.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

If you have to travel a great distance for an appointment with Dr. Theodore and you are a smoker, don't bother going. I sent my MRI for review to John Hopkins Hospital. I was then given an appointment assigned to Dr. Theodore. I was excited thinking I was going to get help for severe lumbar spinal stenosis that I had been suffering with for over six years. I had two other surgeons suggest two different type of surgeries. I was expecting some type of tie breaker with him. However, after costing about $800 in transportation and a room, not counting my husbands lost wages from work, first he said hello, then he said good news you don't need surgery and then he said he can't help me because I smoke. I have been using products to try and quit and have recently got the patches. I had my plan to start them after my visit. But why did he bring me all the way out there and at such great expense to tell me he can't help? Really? I could have been told that over the phone. He could have even called collect if he was concerned about a phone charge.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Removed a tumor from within my spinal cord and prevented paralysis. He took me on when 3 other neurosurgeons said that they couldn't help me. I am now able to walk with better endurance and am back to work full time. Dr. Theodore is a miracle worker!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Nicholas Theodore is one of the best Doctors in Phoenix.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

Would not want to go to any other neuro surgeon. He's the best in every way: before, during and after surgery.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Theodore!!!! He not only knows what he is doing, he is a wonderful person too. Every single person I told that he was my surgeon, who knew of him, raved about him. And the medical staff I met in the hospital ER as well as other medical offices loved him too. I never heard one negative thing about Dr. Theodore. I had an ACDF w/plating as an out-patient. I had been on an online forum for English speaking people from around the world and most people were kept in the hospital 2-3 days. I was concerned. But everything worked out great, I went home to a comfortable bed and got a good night's sleep. It worked out great!! I was given Dr. Theodore's phone number in case there were any questions or problems after the surgery and he got back to me within 2 minutes of me placing a call (I was having medication issues) two different times at night. His staff has been wonderful, sweet, pleasant and extremely helpful. I often get a return call with answers within an hour or two and at the very latest the next day (when he was on vacation). I would HIGHLY recommend this doctor to anyone. I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff. I am 6-weeks post surgery and feeling great. No pain medication since 7 days after surgery because the surgery took away all the pain.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Dr. Nicholas Theodore's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1991)

MSP/BC Med