Ratings for Dr. Richard Gall

I called in a favour to Dr. Gall when I was really sick. He saw me right away and followed up as needed until I recovered. He scheduled tubes for my ears and then on the day of the surgery, I chickened out and he was very gracious about it. He has since seen two of my kids and has been hands on in referring my son to a peds specialist for adenoid surgery. He's incredibly knowledgeable and professional. yes, he's busy and doesn't have a ton of time for chit chat, but he has never left my appointment without covering all the bases thoroughly. To compliment his concise professionalism, his receptionist Heather is warm, engaging, kind and very helpful. Together they make the perfect package. I haven't been disappointed yet and I don't expect it will happen in the future, either.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Dr Gall and his staff were very good to deal with fixed me i can breath again

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

I saw Dr. Gall for my first time this week. He looked at me for perhaps 20 to 30 seconds, made me feel stupid/ignorant, sent me for a quick pressure test then a short useless hearing test. When I came back to his office after the tests he winced at me, disregarded what I had said. Looked away said good buy under his breath and was out of the room. I sat there for a few seconds wondering if we were done. I found Dr. Gall to be EXCEPTIONALLY RUDE, ARROGANT, AND WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE ANY ONE FROM SEEING HIM. YOU CAN DO BETER THEN THIS GUY. I understand that he is busy, and he might even be a great surgeon but I expect way more then he had to offer on my first visit. A robot would have more personality and show more empathy then this guy. In the mean time my problem persists, and I guess I am back to square one.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr. Gall performed my surgery over 10 years ago (nasal septoplasty). I never found him rude when I saw him for appointments - just very to the point. He explained everything well, so I knew what I was getting into. When I refused to do the sinus surgery after the septoplasty (because I didn't want the time to recuperate from another surgery when my kids were so young), he let it be my decision. I agree with what some others have stated - that you can't expect to take up too much of his time (or any other health worker, actually), as they have many patients to see in a day.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

My son got tubes done they were put in too deep causing issues. I got sinus surgery biggest mistake I get worse sinus infections now. When I went back in I was told I could get bone removed to open my sinuses better I declined as it should have been done right first time. We changed doctors right after my son had to get his tubes removed new put in. My sinuses still bad.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Gall is very direct and to the point. He provided all of the information needed for me to make a decision about getting a septoplasty. If you want the septoplasty, he will do it for you if you need it. He will not provide alternatives unless he is asked. This is my first surgery and Dr. Gall assured me he will take care of me and explained in detail what is involved with the operation. His receptionist, Heather, is very helpful and knowledgeable as well. Because Dr. Gall sees a lot of patients over a given day, he may be a few minutes late at time, but is mostly on time.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Heather, Dr. Gall's receptionist is wonderful. Dr. Gall, who performed my septoplasty procedure, is very professional and prompt. Many comments state that he is rude, however not all doctors approach patient concerns with a "poor you" approach, and that does not mean that they have poor bedside manner. Dr. Gall listens to concerns, does his assessments, and treats appropriately. He sees many people on a daily basis so he does not linger if he has the information he needs. Not having time to listen to unrelated stories or concerns is not poor bedside manner or being rude, just like how your mailman probably did not need to hear about your septoplasty procedure after opening your door with a bandage under your nose. On the day of my surgery, he came to see me prior to the procedure and had quite pleasant bedside manner and genuinely listened to my thoughts and concerns, then made sure I felt comfortable and at ease, taking his time to do so. He did a wonderful job on my septoplasty, and he was very empathetic the next day when removing the packing, which is an unpleasant experience. Please remember that specialists are very busy people and just because they get the job done, they are not necessarily rude. Being prompt means they are able to see more of us patients and less wait times, which is great because it already takes months to go through assessment and surgery from start to finish. I was hesitant to want to meet Dr. Gall based on some of these reviews and was pleasantly surprised, and I am so glad that he performed my surgery.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

I recently had the opportunity to see Dr. Gall. He is both extremely knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. This is not always the case when dealing with physicians. I would recommend Dr. Gall to anyone. We are fortunate to have such a qualified specialist in our city.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

I saw Dr. Gall a few months ago after being referred to him by my family doctor. I travelled 500+ km to see him. Very knowledgeable and helpful. He took his time to explain surgery options, my individual symptoms, as well as risk factors of surgery and non-surgical options. Him and his staff ensured that all my concerns and questions were met during my first visit. The overall environment of the office is welcoming. Although they are busy, they were able to put me on a wait list for surgery, which I got a date for within 5 months of first appointment. Since my first appointment they have still been available for questions and scheduling for my pending surgery.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

very rood, did not listen to me nor answer my question, within 3 minutes out of the room.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr. Richard Gall's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.