Ratings for Dr. Ronald W. Varns

Dr. Varns was my Primary Care Physician for years. He was always helpful and knowledgeable. 18 years ago, I had thyroid cancer and Dr. Varns was always making sure my TSH was in the normal range (something my new PCP can't seem to do). I also have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and whenever I was sick, Dr. Varns made sure I had the proper medicine to take of the illness and symptoms. I am truly sorry to hear of his death in November 2013. He was a good doctor. I will continue to miss him as my Primary Care Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr. Varns doesn't seem knowledgeable regarding complicated medical issues, nor does he seem interested in researching them. His answer to everything outside his seemingly limited "expertise", is a referral to a "specialist", who may or may not be the appropriate doctor to diagnose your illness. I cannot recall a single instance, where Dr. Varns answered my medical questions thoroughly or intelligently. His overall demeanor is apathetic.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

My mother, now 76 years old went to this doc as her pcp for aprox. 4 years. This included annual physicals. During this time she was complaining of bad to severe stomach pains and was continually dismissed and told it was nothing to worry about. She changed a few months ago doctors and was almost immediatly diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I too, have had this doctor? as a pcp for several years and have found him to be ineffective, condecending and flat out unconcerned with my well being!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Dr. Ronald W. Varns's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1981)