Ratings for Dr. Janet Primmer

Terribly rude receptionist who never answers the phone, appointment at 1 you don't get in to see the doctor till 2, she'll barely spend 10 minutes with you and doesn't even want to address your concerns, and she doesn't keep up with the latest research and told me I was wrong about the side effects of a certain medication. I consistently choose the ER and walk in clinics over her. She sent me to get a heart monitor and didn't send in the requisition and wasted two weeks of my time when I could have a serious heart problem and she can't even fax a paper. She'll put you on medication and wont follow up. Belittles you for anything and everything. I don't like to use the word hate but I hate her and her receptionist I absolutely dread going there.. how does she even have patients still

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

As a newcomer to Thunder Bay, she was the only doctor taking new patients. She immediately set out to intimidate me, and insinuate that I was "not a real woman" for choosing birth control over wanting children - I was a teenager at the time. I never felt like I was taken seriously. She laughed at me when I expressed having severe anxiety attacks - which almost triggered an attack. If my doctor can't help me, or refer me to someone who can, how am I supposed to get better? It's been months since my last visit to her office, but the experiences I did have with this doctor have left me extremely anxious. She is extremely rude, and takes joy in belittling me for my "lack of smarts" when I ask questions. Every visit to this office leaves me on edge, anxious, and on the brink of tears and anxiety attacks. I wouldn't even be able to know if my anxiety is diagnosable, seeing as she will not refer me for psychological evaluation, and laughs when I express myself. It's discouraging, and extremely damaging.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Receptionist great at trying to fit kids in or suggest clinic's walkin. Dr thorough in examining children. knows how to calm caregivers.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I have had Dr Primmer for 20 years, and I have never once been impressed by her. To me she is uncaring when it comes to patients, she is never thourough, and I feel rushed at every appointment. Tracy on the other hand is so nice and friendly. She makes me smile.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Dr. Primmer is a true professional in many aspects of her practice. She is thorough, companionate and knowledgeable. She understands that listening to her patience is important when diagnosing and referring to specialists. I am always impressed by her straightforward bedside manner which facilitates clear communication with a human touch. We are truly lucky to have Dr. Primmer in our community-I am fortunate to have her as my Family Dr.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Dr. Primmer is wonderful. I was truly fortunate to be able to have her as my family Dr. She also cared for my son. You will find that she is compassionate, caring, & dedicated to all of your health issues. You will never feel rushed and she always seems to asks the good questions that get to the bottom of your medical needs and issues. Her receptionist is always fantastic. Her smiling reception and caring attitude will make you feel safe and at home, no matter what your situation is!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Primmer is very nice and has always taken great care of my family and I for as long as I can remember. She's been my Dr. for about 20 years now and I have no complaints. Her receptionist on the other hand is the complete opposite. I have treated her with nothing but respect, I am always nice and friendly with her but get nothing in return. If I have to call the office, it takes me the whole day to get through. She nevers answers the phone and when she does she's rude and unprofessional. In person she's the same. If I could switch Dr.s right now I would!!! Not because of Primmer but because of her receptionist. I once had an appointment at another office and she was to fax a form over to them and of course I waited an extra 30 mins at that appointment waiting for her to send the fax. Even the ladies and this other Dr.s office were talking about her knowing it would take forever for her to do something. She needs to get into a different profession!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

Both Dr Primmer and her secretary are very nice! I'm always greeted with a smile and hello when I walk in. It is very reassuring.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

I am very satisfied with Dr Primmer- her receptionist however is extrememly rude- very phoney. She barley answers her phone and when she does her manner is very abrupt. I have seen her make faces at patients, very inappropriate. I can not understand why she is tolerated- The prior receptionist Diane was a blessing- I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to find a more appropriate receptionist-

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I have been with Dr. Primmer probably since she first opened her practice. I adore her. She literally saved my life once by catching a life threatening condition the hospital sent me home for. I also have depression and weight issues and have found her more than willing to help me. As for her receptionist, maybe you should try giving some respect to get some respect. I have never ever had a problem.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009