Ratings for Dr. E G. Cipolla

He is pompas. Loves to “prescribe” rather than diet/ exercise/ lifestyle type changes. Doesn’t seem to be genuinely concerned about your well being. I feel like I’m just a paycheck for him. He’s a roller coaster of emotions. One time he will be jovial and caring the next condescending and cold. You never know which doc your going to get. The staff seems better but the way he treats them it seems like they are all walking on pins and needles- there is just a bad vibe in the air... I hate leaving such a bad review, my last appointment with him was so horrible I had to seek out this web site. I will say this tho- on the days he’s in a good mood he is a caring good doctor which is about 33% of the time.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

I came to Dr. Cipolla because I had heard he was a prominent doctor in the LGBTQ community. This was probably one of the worst experiences I have ever had. When I would come in for a office visit he would awkwardly caress my arm and touch my hand stating that it looks like I had got some sun since last time I saw him. He would inquire deeply into my sexual life and would even ask me if I would ever consider an older man. I knew he was a dirty old man but didn’t come often enough to switch doctors. One visit I came in and the font desk lady had stepped to the side to take a call about her upcoming jury duty. He stopped my appointment to scold her and tell her he could easily replace her. He was so nasty to even say that she should conduct no personal business on paid time or he would fire her immediately. What made me finally switch to a new doctor was malpractice on his part. I had come in for an injury that was causing me immense pain and bleeding. I asked him to do blood work and examine the wound. He said he did blood work but never sent it off to the lab. I kept coming in for my injury and it never got better. Im fact it was getting worse and I had to call out sick from work for two weeks worh serious bleeding. With several office visits and declined health I switched to One Medical where they did a standard blood test, found out I needed a simple antibiotic and was fine within a week. I would never recommend Doctor Cipolla to anyone. He has antiquated expipment, he has sexually harassed myself and other young guys in the community, doesn’t have concern for your medical needs and is profoundly rude to you as his client and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Forgetful doesn't return calls rude office staff lose stuff don't risk your health

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

defensive, rude. ego driven and poor boundaries. check medical board complaints

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Impersonal. Negligent. Indifferent. Dr Cipolla prescribed dangerously high dosages of medicine that had an adverse effect on my kidneys. He was lax in monitoring by blood levels and I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Treating opiate dependent patients as trained by Rickette Benckiser and memorized the 8 hour class training material. Makes a lot of generalized statements about addiction but doesn't really get it. Seems more interested in prescribing other meds for symptoms I don't have eg. anxiety & insomnia when I sleep just fine. WTF

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

dr cipolla seems knowledgeable however would very much benefit from sensitivity training. As with many doctors he seems to believe he "knows everthing", making and stating judgements without having full information about patient. His attitude is cold and somewhat condescending. I will not be returning to see him, although I do believe he has good intentions.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr did a complete and thorough work up. Priorotorized my problem list and explained blood work and gave me 6 months to try reducing cholesterol by diet and exercise before considering medication.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

Spends little time with regular patients - perhaps 3 mins. Volunteers little - keeps info. such as meds side effects to himself. Never mentions diet or exercise - likes to prescribe pills.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Dr. E G. Cipolla's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1991)