You may also like

Rate Dr. William J. Hedden

Dr. William J. Hedden's Ratings

A friend recommended Dr.Hedden and by the look of her results I was impressed (she had silicone implants).So I decided to go to him also.Spoke to his staff several times and they were friendly and helpful on the phone.I live almost 4 hours away from his office.I had my blood drwn,results faxed to his office by my primary care doctor.Then,made a down payment for the surgery and was exited to have my twins fixed.had a Skype consultation about 2 weeks prior of the surgery date.We agreed on a periareolar breast lift and implants for $5500.Which is a lot of money to me.Then Mai 2014 (1day prior surgery) to have my urin tested (covered by my insurance).Was there an hour prior and still waited almost 2 hours for him to see me.And I didn't even see him.His staff put me in a room,handed me a bra and said that I could try on which size implant I would want.I asked for his staff to stay and help me, she said "I can't help you because you have to know what you want and what size you want to be." I think it was very rude of her but,thought she was just having a bad day and chalked it off.Then after I was in there for 10 minutes trying on, I waited an other 15 min for someone to come in. Finally his operating nurse came in with my contract and paper to sign.As I started signing the papers,I noticed that the paper said,just implants and no lift.So I asked the nurse to change the contract.She said that I should sign it now and then the staff would change the contract and I would sign tomorrow before my surgery.So I said ok.Paid the whole amount,cash,that day and went to my hotel.The day of my surgery.I was so exited.Came in and as they called me up, I was asked to go and pay something.Upset,I said I have already paid everything yesterday and asked for what I am paying now.She told me,I still have to pay the fee for blood test and urin test. So I told her that my blood test was done by my primary doctor and for the urin test, they billed my insurance.She said to me that if I don't pay then I would not be allowed to go back and would not get operated on. That's just the rules. I had already paid, and if I had canceled my operation, they would have kept 25% of my money. So I paid and went back. In the room I was set up with an IV and the anesthesiologist was so friends and amazing that I had forgotten the anger I had. After 30 min wait. Dr. Hedden came in and said that he would not operate on me because I haven't paid him enough money for what I am asking for. And that a lift alone would cost what I had already paid and the implants would cost extra. So I reminded him that I have the email he sent me that said, areola lift and implants. His operating nurse was so rude and had an attitude and asked me to show this email to them (gave my phone and all belongings to my caretaker that had gone back to the hotel). So Dr. Hedden then again repeated himself how I did not pay enough money and he could not do it (I think that should have been my sign not to do it, but I clearly failed to see it). I told him to go look up that email in his email box cuz he should still have it. So he did. Came back irritated. Started drawing on me. So I asked him what he is going to do. And told him that I wanted my areola a size of a quarter or maybe a tiny bit bigger than a quarter. But not by much. Told him to draw it on my areola. He told me that's not necessary and to trust him and that he will make me look amazing. And I did believe him and said ok. THE MOST STUPIDEST THAT I EVER DID. my results are HORRID. My breasts before were very symmetric and same cup size and same areola size. My nipples were at the same level too. Just had saggy breasts from breast feeding. NOW, my breasts are different size (right is smaller than left). My areolas are very big. Bigger than before and also the left areola is about 1 inch bigger than the right. My right nipple is also 1 1/2 inch different a on the level. The right nipple looks down and the left looks straight ahead. Complaining multiple times at my visits, I was comforted by Dr. Hedden and his staff that it all will be good and just to wait for the implants to drop and it will all be good. Naive as I was, I believed them again. Pretty stupid, I know now. At my 6 month visit I was then presented with a $1700 bill if I want this fixed. I have read on other posts where the doctor's staff responds to patients reviews, and there Dr. Hedden's staff, or whoever wrote the responses, claim that Dr. Hedden does revisions for free. But I was charged a pretty big price to do revision. Also on other reviews I read that he only charged 800$ for a revision. So I am very puzzled by all of this. Needless to say, I paid a lot of money to have one sad and one happy breast, but still sad. I am embarrassed and ashamed to even undress in front of my husband. Dr. Hedden and his staff should be ashamed. And lastly. NO, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO HIS OFFICE. IN FACT, run, run far away from him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2881835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I have recently used Dr. Hedden for my breast augmentation. I was extremely pleased with the outcome of my surgery. I have always been very nervous to see doctors for any reason but he made me feel so comfortable and explained the entire procedure in detail. His staff was very nice and helpful. I feel like his whole staff took time with me and I never felt rushed even though he had other patients to see. I had done a lot of research on other phyisicans in the area but he by far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend him and have recommended him to anyone interested in any type of plastic surgery, especially breast augmentation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I have used Dr. Hedden for both Breast augmentations . I had saline implants for 10 years and decided to switch to Silicone and I love them . I guess people would rather go to a plastic surgeon that nobody uses . Yes , he's very busy but always answered all my questions . I suggest going in with a list and writing everything down . Also your packet you receive with instructions before surgery is pretty much common sense and not hard to read . I don't live 3 hours away but he's pretty good if people from all around the U.S. are using him . I Won't use anybody but him .Also if i would have felt a bad vibe from the staff before surgery then I wouldn't go back ?? Too many Negative Nancy's .. Bless it !! I love Dr.Hedden , his staff and all the above . I would highly recommend him to all my friends which have all used him as well !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I had been saving up and wanting breast implants for 10 years. I looked to Dr. Hedden because of the affordable prices. I was warned before hand by a friend of mine who had used him a few years prior saying that she bottomed out and wasn't pleased with his work. I looked him up online and read reviews. They didn't seem bad. In may of 2014 I had my procedure. The staff herded me in and out like cattle, and didn't seem to really know what was going on. I live over 2 hours away and took off work. my first appointment prior to surgery i received a phone call 30 mins before my appointment time, after i was already in birmingham and i was told to reschedule. I went off and told them i was here and already took off work. The staff was very rude and rushed me. The lady at the front desk had no idea how much i was supposed to pay and over charged me, after I explained to her I had already put money down she made it right. The nurses rushed me and were ready to go home, they forgot to do my blood work that needed to be done 2 weeks before surgery (which I had paid for but had to go to a facility at home and spend more money to have it done and sent to them. meaning I had to take off work again.) This made me hesitant but Dr. Hedden assured me everything would be fine. I chose 450 cc saline and he assured me they would look great. I loved my size, but not too long after my procedure I noticed at three months they were taking an odd shape. My nipple was riding high and literally peaking out of every bathing suit and bra. At 6 months I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Hedden. Might I add that I had done everything I was instructed to do. No work outs, used the bra I was told to wear. He then acknowledged that I had bottomed out and said it could be due to me doing something to cause it. You could literally see the implant bag beneath my actual breast tissue along with an indention. I was furious because I had followed all instructions as I was told, and out around $3500 by the end of it. He then told me he could fix them for another $800 by doing a bilateral tacking (which I read in a review that he doesn't charge for lateral drifting of the implants, but I was) .. on top of more money that I would miss from leaving work, gas to Birmingham and hotel stays. That procedure was done in January of 2015. By early February I noticed them doing the exact same thing, so I sent pics and a text. No response. It is now March and they are looking worse. I sent another email and finally heard back. AGAIN IT WAS SUGGESTED THAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO CAUSE THIS. I HAD EXPLAINED IN MY EMAIL THAT I FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND I WAS INFORMED THAT NOW IT WAS MY ANATOMY TO BLAME. I understand there is a chance of them bottoming out again( MAYBE SEVERAL YEARS LATER).. BUT NOT A MONTH AFTER MY PROCEDURE & AFTER THE SWELLING WENT DOWN!! I was given options (that are going to cost me more money) one being $5,000. I just want to say, if you are going to get breast implants.. there is no cheap alternative. I got what I paid for and now it is going to cost me AROUND $10,000 AT THE END OF IT ALL (INCLUDING WHAT I PAID DR. HEDDEN) to make them look right. I am now in search for a new Dr. I am very disappointed and out of a lot of money. I HAVE TRIED TO BE PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING, BUT WHEN I AM GETTING BLAMED FOR A BAD BOOB JOB, IT HIGHLY INFURIATES ME!! NOT ONCE DID HE MENTION THAT HE POSSIBLY COULD'VE OVER DISSECTED MY POCKETS. NOW I HAVE AN IMPLANT BAG PEAKING OUT OF THE SIDE OF MY BIKINI FOR THE SUMMER OR UNTIL I CAN AFFORD TO GET THEM FIXED AGAIN. HE CAN BE CHARMING AND REASSURING. I HAD FAITH IN HIM AND I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. I think he could be a good Dr. but he has waaaaay too many patients.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2757491].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Great dr. Going to see him again... Lol... I had a miracle preform on my breast augmentation!!!😘😘😘

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2713907].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

Dr. Hedden is one of the finest doctors I have every dealt with. If I ever had an emergency he would see me promptly with no appointment. His staff always knew me and was super professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2663906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

Dr Hedden has been amazing. I had very involved surgery but everything worked well. Even the few pRobles that cropped up were handled quickly and professionally.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Dr. Hedden was good. He did seem busy, maybe lack of the planning with the office staff. I live 2 hours away.
My first visit was very discouraging. I was supposed to have my consultation, blood work etc done. I was very discouraged. 1st of all The staff didn't even seem to know that i was scheduled for an appointment... since it was a late appointment they also seemed ready to go because it was the end of the day. ( I had took off of work and drove for 2 hours, was on time.. actually 45 mins early) I had already made a deposit a month in advance. 2nd, The front lady didn't realize that I had already made a hefty deposit and over charged me.. which was corrected after I showed my statements. It was like they really had no clue as to what was going on and wanted me out of there . 3rd, they were in such a hurry that I didn't even feel like I was able to discuss much of anything. I asked the nurses about sizes and they seemed annoyed. By the end of my "15 min" visit the nurse ran out and didn't even get my blood work. Which I had to take off work again and pay extra to have a lab do locally.
The day of surgery, I had explained my concerns to Dr. Hedden. He was very compassionate and reassuring. The nurse was pleasant and comforting in answering my questions. The surgery went well.
I had some "freak out" moments during recovery, and the nursing staff as well as Dr. Hedden were good about returning emails, phone calls, etc and answering my questions of concern.
My 2 week check up, I took off work and drove 2 hours to my appointment. The office staff called me 45 mins before my appointment and asked me to reschedule because they were running behind. I was 10 mins from the building. I felt outraged, I was 30 mins early and had done my part. For them to call me maybe that morning or the day before what have been more comprehendible. But not 45 mins before my appointment and 10 mins before my arrival time. I could understand if maybe I was a local patient, but not an out of town patient. They went ahead and took me with little wait time. Dr. Hedden was apologetic and even gave me a bottle of scar gel. His nurse was great in answering my questions.
I feel like the real problem is the office staff. They seem unorganized, unprofessional, and uncompassionate. $3500 is a lot of money to me.. and to feel like I'm being heard in and out like cattle is a little disappointing.
As far as my results, I am at 5 months. I did form a bit of double bubble in the left breast. It also slants in the inner cleavage. As far as both breast goes they have dropped to the point to where I'm scared that I might have bottomed out. You can literally see the form of an implant at the bottom and sides of my breast. I am not sure if its normal or not. I did go with 475 cc's and am small. I realize that I might've been too big and wish I would have went with an internal bra to keep them from bottoming out. The left breast's implant sits so low that my nipple will not fit into a bra or bathing suit without peaking out of the top. Both nipples sit high while the implant is beneath if that makes any sense. I am going for my check up this Tuesday and hope that I just had a bad experience and that that's not how they normally operate. His price is great.. but as far as service (staff) I felt like I got what I had paid for. :(

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2581084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I had my tuba breast Aug back in July and man oh man I am very satisfied with Dr heddens work. He did an amazing job! The staff wasn't as professional as they should of been but that has nothing to do with the DR. I had a little complication but he was able to get me right in and gave me more antibiotics and that fixed the problem. I would recommend him to anyone that was interested in having the procedure done. He is truly a pro at what he does! CW

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2533686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Dr. Hedden is busy and I get that. However he rushes his patients and doesn't explain well! Instead of hearing you out he runs through the consultation and leaves. I hate Smart Lipo with his secondary doctor and I was not impressed. I love their spa but the surgical clinic needs help!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2531049].votes_count ]]