You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul F. Howard

Dr. Paul F. Howard's Ratings

Dr. Howard is a phenomenal Doctor he is kind and understanding. I would never trust anyone else with my care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2866501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I would have to agree with the majority of the comments. Dr Howard was very rude condescending arrogant,he told me within 5 minutes he could heal rheumatoid arthritis, did not tell me how, however he gave me a prescription of steroids with no explanation. He also was referred by my family practitioner. He never followed up or consulted with my primary doctor. My doctor after 3 years still has no test results that I paid close to $1000 for in blood work. I never found out whether I do or do not have rheumatoid arthritis. I never thought I had rheumatory arthritis.
I was just rechecked and I do not have rheumatoid arthritis. I had cervical discs that were herniated and showed tears to my annular. dr. Howard was so rude to me he had five students in the room which I did not mind. However he would ask a question I would get one word out and I was interrupted constantly. I would not recommend this Dr 2ne1. I would never return and it was very easy to get an appointment. Obviously the specialist does not have continuity in the care of patients it is not easy to get an appointment with a preferred specialist. That should have been my clue a next day appointment for a specialist, that is unheard of. I am an RN I have worked with many doctors I will tell you I would not last 1 hour in this man's office. I would not see him, work for him, or have anything to do with this man I was misdiagnosed, underdiagnosed! Stay away from this doctor. I cannot express to you enough it is a waste of your cash your time and very frustrating to be spoken to by a physician in such a way the man did not hear a word I said my first intuition was he was a call back because he told me he could heal me in 5 minutes I never did get the answer how!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2858626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

This office is lacks compassion. This Dr has no sense in how to treat a patient. He is mean and this staff are all selfish. They lack the ability to treat patients like human beings. They strip ones dignity and make you feel like the pain you feel is all in your head. And that you are the problem. Their solution is not to listen to the patient but to make quick judgements and belittle you. I urge you not to go to this practice. You will be treated like you are not human. No Dr should be so mean to their patients. No Dr should be so heartless and lack compassion.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2853345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr.Howard was rude, short with me (5mins and he was telling me how I felt!), didn't explain anything and said my pain was "all in my head." I am so disgusted with arrogant doctors!!! This Dr is a jerk and nobody should see him for anything. Stay Away!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2780966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Was hopeful on first visit to find out what was wrong with me. By second visit I was in and out on less than 10 min. Didn't seem to want to answer any questions I had. Had his PA draw blood and said he would call me next week with results. I waited until Fri afternoon and was told the Dr was out of the office and his nurse would call me. Didn't hear from her and called Mon. Afternoon. She did call me back finally, but just said results were neg. but didn't know what that meant, and was told the Dr was out of town on vacation. I waited over three weeks to be told the test had to be done again. Guess who's searching for a new Dr?

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2399751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr Howard was knowledgable and thorough. I did not feel rushed at all. His staff was pleasant and clear about the billing. I paid by check and they filed the claim. I will be reimbursed for the allowable amount. I recommend this practice unconditionally.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2014

Does not have a billing office or ANY agreements with insurance companies. Charges are within medicare allowable amounts, but puts the burden of filing on the patient. Is not part of any network, so is out of network (and out of pocket) for most patients. Always has a resident present so continuing patients have to repeat their medical history to each one at EVERY visit. Just recently implemented a credit card fee to include debit cards. Again, passing the cost of doing business to patients, or customers in his view. Just like an ARCO gas station. Are "air conditioning fees", "janitorial fees" next? Staff in a constant state of turnover - a sign of poor employee relations. The office is therefore run inefficiently and waits of over 1 hour are common. Of course checkout is fast when you demand cash on the spot. His medical care and knowledge is fine, but not worth the premium or hassle. Gets very defensive and short when any of the above financial issues are brought up.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][640675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Dr. Howard never sees me. Has PA do the visit. At best they are disconnected. At worst they are hostile and unkind. Over past 10 years they will not reveal results of my blood tests. They are argue over treatment, finally agree then recind.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

My first visit with Dr. Howard had me hopeful. He was attentive and detail oriented and compassionate. Every visit since then has been a bug disappointment. His staff are apathetic - they seem depressed, and I usually wait a minimum of 45 minutes just to be taken to the exam room. Dr. Howard rushes through a 10-minute visit, puts words in my mouth, and doesn't seem to understand me at all. He doesn't accept insurance so I have paid hundreds of dollars to his office and every time have left there only to return to my car and break out in tears in the parking lot. Never again.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][640673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

Almost always seen by the PA, and he may just drop into the examining room. Staff does not follow up on anything. Had blood work 3 months ago, and never heard the results, and they also never sent a prescription to the pharmacy. I finally called, and they still have not gotten back to me with any results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640672].votes_count ]]